The Arrest.

I laid with Chris for the rest of the day. We didn't say much to eachother. It was just too hard to. It was on our minds that Chris was most likely not even gonna see the light of day for at least 5 years. He knew even after he was gone that I was still gonna need to look for Teddy. It needed to happen. God, I felt like I was gonna throw up. The thought of not having my Chris with me was killing me. I didn't want it to be real.

I mean, why couldn't all of this just be a dream? I should've just let Chris go with me in the first place. It was all my fault.

"What's gonna happen to me if I get put away for 5 years? What's gonna happen to us, Emily?" Chris looked down. "You'll probably find someone way smarter and someone less of a troublemaker and he'll probably be cuter and-" I cut him off with a kiss. "That's not gonna happen, okay? I love you. I'll only ever love you. There is noting that can change that, alright?"

"Emily... I don't want you to tell them. They're not going to understand." Chris grabbed my arm. "But Chris I have t-" "I could make a run for it, Em. We could. Just you and me. I don't wanna go anywhere unless it's with you." He said. "I can't just up and leave, Chris..." I got teary eyed. "I don't wanna talk about it anymore, alright?"

He looked disappointed. I could see him wiping his eyes out the corner of my eye. "You never know, Chris. They might not put you in jail. Maybe just community service or something like that." I tried the lighten the mood, which was stupid. "I killed him, Emily. If you would've killed him yourself you wouldn't have much time to pay. I wasn't even supposed to be there."

"Chris, you've gotta stop looking at the worst that could happen." "How!? How Em? How the hell am I supposed to look at the positive side of this when all I've got to look forward to is what horrible things that'll be done to me in that damn cell? I trusted you. You said you weren't gonna go anywhere unsafe and that was the biggest fucking lie that anyone has ever told me! And you're not even the one that has to deal with all of this."

"Oh, I don't have to deal with all of this? Who's gonna have to deal with all the guilt that my boyfriend is probably gonna go to jail because of me!? I more involved than you know. This entire fucking thing wouldn't have started if-" He cut me off.

"If I would've never came to walk out your back door. Right, Emily?" Chris said with a blank expression. "Yeah, that's what I thought you were gonna say." He looked to the ground. "Get the hell out of here. Turn me in, see if I care." He balled his fists. Seconds later he picked up a baseball nearby on the floor of the treehouse where he was sitting, and threw it at the mirror, shattering it. "Go." He pointed to the door and squeezed his eyes shut.

I climbed down the ladder of the treehouse and walked extremely slow,  I didn't know it, but I think my body wanted me to walk slow on purpose, as to tell me I needed to see if he'd come chasing after me. He didn't. And when I made it out of the woods, I realized that the time had come, and I was going to have to go to the police station now.

What could've been a 15 minute walk down the street turned into an hour. I walked as slowly as I could. I decided not to tell the other guys until a decision with the law was made.

I walked into the sheriff's office, and took a deep breath. I walked up to the counter, holding my breath. Maybe I could hold it long enough that I'd pass out so I didn't have to tell anyone anything. But eventually, I did have to reach the counter. "I'm here for the Ace Merrill case." I said. "Step on into the sheriff's office." The lady said.

"Emily." He nodded. "Sheriff." I greeted. "I've got some information, sir." I said. He went over to a large tape recorder and pressed record. A tear rolled down my face. "The person who stabbed Ace Merrill was Christopher Chambers. At this very moment he's in our treehouse, which is located in the woods near the blue point diner." I said. "That's all the information I have, goodbye." I walked fast as a left the room, and eventually the building.

I walked right into Gordie when I reached the sidewalk. "Oh, sorry Emily, I didn't see you th-" "Gordie am so fucking sorry." I hugged him. "All you did was walk into me, no big deal." He seemed confused. "That's not what I'm talking about." I started crying. "What happened, Em?" He asked. "I turned Chris in." I squeezed my eyes shut and tears fell. Gordie's eyes widened a little, but I think he understood.

"Let's go to the blue point and talk about it, alright?" He asked. I nodded. He grabbed my hand and held it all the way to the diner.

"What happened? He asked. "Well, I was supposed to tell the sheriff something by this evening, which is now. I spent the entire day with him and then up towards th end we had an argument." I said.

I happened to look out the window. I saw 4 police officers getting out of their vehicles. They were heading towards the woods. "No." I said and ran out the door. Gordie was right behind me and held me back.

After a little while, I could hear yelling. "NO! DON'T TAKE ME, PLEASE!" He yelled. "CHRIS! I LOVE YOU, CHRIS!" I screamed. Gordie picked me up off my feet and carried me away. I sobbed into his chest the entire way.

"You okay?" He asked. I didn't say a word. "I'll get you home, okay?" He asked. I still didn't say anything. In fact, I didn't say anything to anyone for the rest of the day.