The Treehouse. (Part 1)

The next day I decided to take Gordie up on his offer. I really wanted to go to the treehouse. Around noon, I walked to the market and saw him working. "I'd like a cup of coffee, with soy milk, please. And... I'd like for you to take me to the treehouse today." I said. He stopped what he was doing. "You do realize that once I take you up there, the guys are somehow gonna find out?"

I sighed. "Yeah, I know. But fuck it, I deserve to see it. Ya know?" "Yeah." Gordie laughed. "Meet me at the entrance to the woods in half an hour. Alright?" He asked. "Okay." I said, and left.

He met me at the entrance 45 minutes later. "Sorry I'm late. I had a few thing to do that my dad had for me. You ready to go?" "Yeah." I said. "Alrighty, follow me." And we walked on in. It was about a 5 minute walk, not too long. And then I saw it. THAT... is where the boys hung out. That's where they always were when I was wondering. I felt so privileged.

"Climb up the ladder." Gordie said. "I um... I'm afraid of climbing up high." I said. "Oh, okay, well I'll be right behind you then. You won't fall." He said. I climbed up and opened the door.

"Emily?" I heard a voice. Oh shit... It was Chris!

I freaked out and shoved Gordie down to the ground, which he fell flat on his back. "Oh, hey Chris. Guess I found the treehouse, huh?" I said, and climbed up. "Yeah." Chris said a little confused and he started looking in a box for some cigarettes. While he did, I looked out the window down and Gordie and mouthed "I'm sorry. Are you okay?" He put a thumbs up. I turned around as soon as I heard the box lid slam.

"I've been meaning to come and see you, I'm sorry I haven't, Em." He said. "No no, it's fine. Don't worry about it." I answered. He got up and pinned me against the wall, which took me by surprise, and I gasped.

"Emily, did I hurt you?" "Um, no, it just scared me." I answered. "Why'd it scare you? Did I do something wrong? I was just gonna kiss you." He said, worried. "I thought... I thought you were going to rape me." I said with a tear coming down my face.