10. I wasn't thinking

He woke, feeling warm, truly warm inside and out, for the first time since the surgery. His head was resting on something moving softly... Lan Zhan's chest? "Lan Zhan?" He couldn't move, not that he particularly wanted to, because of the bands of iron that tightened ever so slightly around him.

"Mmm?"

"Thank you." The chest under him didn't seem to be in any hurry for him to move; the arms holding him close didn't loosen in the slightest. "I think I needed that."

"Did you sleep well? Were there nightmares again?"

Wei WuXian considered.... Nightmares were such a normal part of his life.... "Yes? And, no.... I don't remember dreaming at all."

"Mmm."

To Wei WuXian's ears it sounded like a rather smug 'mmm'. He started talking stock of his own body, in addition to the one he was plastered against. We seem to be wrapped around each other, not unlike a pile of kittens.... Their legs were tangled together. Wei WuXian had one arm tucked almost under an armpit. "I'm sorry. I'll move?" He moved slowly, letting them disengage their body parts without hurting anything delicate. But finally, he was resting on an elbow facing his friend, who was also resting on his elbow. "Hi. This is awkward. I haven't slept with another person since I was ten or eleven, and Jiang Shushu said Jiang Cheng and I were too old to be sharing a bed."

"Mmm."

Wei WuXian tried to grin, to break the delicate tension between them when he noticed Lan WangJi's eyes... change. I know that look. I used to get it from girls back in Lotus Pier.... Right before they'd say I could kiss them if I wanted to.... Lan Zhan's head moved fractionally closer. Shit! Fuck? He's going to kiss me? No. Why would Lan Zhan kiss me? That's ridiculous. He's probably just trying to get up without knocking me over. That's it. He's.... Soft lips pressed against his own for a breath... two... three... And again, harder, more insistent. It felt... not unlike the aftershocks of being whipped by Zidian. Except far more pleasant.

Far, far, far more pleasant.... Lan Zhan pulled back and Wei WuXian heard a whimper. He wasn't quite sure which one of them sounded like a sad dog; he just hoped it wasn't him. That was my first kiss. That seemed slightly important for Lan Zhan to know, so he repeated it aloud. "That was my first kiss."

"Mmm."

"Lan Zhan.... I.... I?" His mind blinked on and off, like sunlight on a patch of grass under a tree on a windy day. "You gave me my first kiss?" he frowned. That seemed weird to say. Why would Lan Zhan kiss me? "Am I still asleep? But if I'm asleep, why am I dreaming that you kissed me?"

"Not asleep."

"Ah. Good to know." I gave up my first kiss to Lan Zhan. "Lan Zhan? Did I like it?" Having spoken the words, Wei WuXian felt like it might be a rather stupid question to ask.... But he did need to know the answer.

Or did he ask the wrong question? "Oh. Wait. Hold on a moment."

Lan Zhan leaned forward again. Kissed him again. This time he added a little nip to the bottom lip. And one to the top, as if to even things out. "Does that answer your question?"

"What question?" Little happy tingles were dancing their way across his back, around his buttocks, up and down his thighs, clustering around his belly, tightening his nipples, his balls. The only question he was aware of was: "Are you going to kiss me again?"

"Does Wei Ying want another kiss?"

"Yes?" This kiss was more forceful, tipping him backwards to lay against the bedding while Lan Zhan shifted to lay half atop him. The kiss didn't feel like the way he'd seen others doing it.... Are we just supposed to press our lips against each other? I think we're supposed to open our mouths a bit? He tried imitating what he'd witnessed: opening his mouth enough to press a kiss against Lan Zhan's top lip.