Chapter 8: Gears of Conspiracy

Dumuzi, driven by a mix of desperation and determination, tried to block the path of the soldiers who were taking the Tak'taen. He knew that allowing the artifact to fall into the hands of the Ancients was unacceptable. However, the soldiers were more numerous and better prepared for the confrontation.

One of the soldiers, named Alexei, attempted to get around Dumuzi, and in a moment of desperation, Dumuzi grabbed Alexei's arm. Tension quickly escalated, and within seconds, a brief scuffle ensued. However, the numerical superiority of the soldiers prevailed, and Dumuzi was quickly subdued.

Svetlana, observing the scene with a triumphant look, didn't hesitate to declare:

— This man is a traitor! He tried to prevent the transfer of the Tak'taen. Arrest him!

The soldiers handcuffed him and dragged him away from the room, where he would now face the consequences of his desperate attempt to stop the theft of the Tak'taen. Dumuzi was detained, but his determination remained strong, and he was willing to do anything to protect the artifact and uncover the truth behind the entire conspiracy.

While Dumuzi was being led by soldiers to an empty quarters, Captain Enki learned about his friend's betrayal. He was stunned by the situation, feeling as though an abyss had opened before him.

Enki decided to talk to Svetlana and Lieutenant Lê Minh Hùng to better understand the situation. He summoned them to the station's conference room.

— How could this happen? — Enki asked with a bewildered expression.

Svetlana, with a satisfied smile, quickly explained the events that led to Dumuzi's arrest. Lieutenant Lê Minh Hùng remained silent, observing the situation calmly.

Enki listened attentively to Svetlana's explanation and then made his decision.

— We'll keep Dumuzi confined in an empty quarters until further notice. We need to better understand this situation before taking further measures.

With this decision made, Enki left the conference room, still puzzled by Dumuzi's betrayal and the complexity of the situation they found themselves in.

***

Inanna was concerned about Dumuzi's situation and decided to approach the quarters where he was detained. She believed she could help clarify the situation and prove her friend's innocence.

As she approached the quarters, the two guards stationed at the door blocked her way.

— I'm sorry, Inanna, but Captain Enki has ordered that nobody gets close to Dumuzi for now. He's in custody - one of the guards explained.

Frustrated, Inanna then decided to go to the command bridge to discuss the situation with Captain Enki. She was convinced that something was wrong and needed to find a way to help Dumuzi.

Inanna reached the command bridge, where Captain Enki was analyzing mission data. She approached him with determination.

— Captain, we need to talk about Dumuzi's situation. He's not a traitor; I'm sure of it! - Inanna began, her eyes expressing her distress.

Enki looked at Inanna, understanding her concern. He sighed and agreed to hear what she had to say.

— Inanna, understand that we didn't make this decision lightly. We need to clarify the situation and ensure the station's safety. Dumuzi will remain detained until we can figure out what happened.

Inanna was frustrated but understood the Captain's reasons. However, she wasn't willing to give up on her friend.

— Captain, I ask that you reconsider this decision as soon as possible. Dumuzi is essential to our team, and I'm certain he hasn't betrayed anyone.