Chapter Ten

Jackson

"Lizzie?" I call, slamming the door behind me so hard it rattles in its frame. It's been a shit day, and with dinner plans with my parents, it's only bound to get worse. I'd cancel if I could, but my dad is days away from handing the entire organization over to me and I can't chance fucking anything up now. He's faced all kinds of criticism for choosing to bring me on so early, and I can't let him down. So for the next few weeks, I'll be on my best behavior.

We're late, which is the very last thing you want to be with Marlena Hale, and Lizzie is nowhere to be found.

"Babe?" I call again, following the muffled sound of music to our bedroom. I hope she's at least close ready; usually she's waiting at the door for me when I get home, especially when we have plans. Neither of our schedules allowed for us to talk much today though, and it's got me wondering if she even remembered we were meeting my parents.

The door is cracked, and I shove it open. "Lizzie, we really got to..."

My train of thought vanishes the second I lay eyes on her. Clearly, she forgot, but who the fuck cares?

She's lying in the middle of our bed, propped up on her elbows, wearing nothing but a flossy, lace lingerie set. Dark curls spill over her shoulders, and her painted red lips are curled into a naughty grin, delicious curves glowing in the candle light. Jesus Christ, the woman is an absolute smoke show.

"Hi..."

All of sudden she's all I can think about. All I can concentrate on.

Without a word, I stalk towards her, popping the buttons on my shirt as I go. I can't get it off fast enough. Hands on either side of her shoulders, I pin Lizzie to the bed, crashing my lips into her like a tidal wave. Sweet relief floods my body and every bit of frustration and stress is felt is gone, replaced with a sense of comfort and home I never imagined until the day she walked into my life.

This woman is absolutely everything to me, and I make sure she knows it.

My hands ravage her body and I take a fist full of her hair, pulling back, holding her at my mercy as a fiery blush fills her cheeks. I kiss her neck, then down to her collarbone, sweeping my tongue across her tender flesh.

She's gives me the sweetest smile, eyes locked on mine as if she's looking straight into my soul. My dark, demented soul.

"I need you, Jax."

That breathy voice has my dick is throbbing, and I need her just as bad. I flip her onto her stomach, my lips against her ear. "You are so fucking gorgeous, you know that?"

"Mmm."

Lizzie moans, arching into my touch as my fingers dig into her flesh, her ass brushing against my rock hard erection. There's way too much fabric between us.

My thumbs tuck into the band of those panties, the delicate lace tearing in my grasp as I toss them to the side. It was a nice touch, but the site of her naked body has my heart thundering in my chest. I can't wait another second for her.

The tone of my cell phone cuts through the air.

"Fuck," I hiss, scrambling to shut it off. Tossing it to the side, my full attention is on my beautiful wife once again.

"Now, where were we..." I growl, nipping at her bare cheeks. Something primal comes over me when I'm with her, like a caged animal finally unleashed. Four years hasn't dulled that instinct one bit.