Chapter 10: Robotnik's plan and Race for the Compass

With Shade, she had explained about the Ninth Emerald.

"After all these years, we've found it. The Ultimate Power."

"Ultimate Power." Robotnik grinned, "Now your speaking my language."

"Indeed. It can be yours, Doctor."

Commandobot along with Orbot and Cubot came from interrogating Roger and his family.

"They haven't spilled anything, Dr. Robotnik." Orbot said innocently.

"No matter. Cause Shade has told me of a ninth Emerald which is the key extraordinary and powerful."

"AN EMERALD TO HELP GET RID OF THE HEDGEHOG, DOCTOR?" Commandobot questioned.

"Think bigger, Commandobot. The Emerald that's unaccounted could power my wildest designs." Explained Robotnik, "My genius mind won't just be recognised on Earth or Mobius, but spread like wildfire to every corner of the universe, allowing me to harness all the negative forces of the whole of creation and commune with darkness itself."

"THAT SOUNDS EXTREME, SIR." Commandobot quoted.

"It's been on my vision board for years." Exclaimed Robotnik.

"What's been on your vision board?" Tank asked.

Robotnik facepalmed. "Just keep an eye on the prisoners with Agent Stone."

"But, he's a rock."

"Don't call him a rock! He doesn't like being called what he is. And he was my only company for three years."

"Scanning for the Emerald now, Robotnik."
________________________________________________________________________________

"The Phantom Emerald is able to absorb the Master and Chaos Emeralds. And when a single being can absorb that, they'll have the power to turn thoughts into reality." Explained Knuckles.

"Like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters." Wade muttered quietly.

"Shoosh," Knuckles Continued, "It's has the appearance of a normal rock but it's made similar to the other Emeralds."

"Hang on. I saw something like that before." Sonic exclaimed retrieving his map his mother gave him all those years ago.

"Look, there's a Rock-Shaped Emerald symbol above a planet on the map my mom gave me. I never knew what it meant before."

Tails had a close a look. Getting analysis from the Miles Electric.

"It means it's here, on Earth." Tails concluded.
________________________________________________________________________________

"Scans can't find it, Doctor."

"What!?" Robotnik yelled, "How?"

"It's well hidden I believe. I should have known our old tribe's ancestors were wise to hide it from us."
________________________________________________________________________________

"So, the first clue is in New York City." Dawkins questioned, "What is that clue?"

"It's a compass that will help lead to the Phantom Emerald."

"And with Robotnik here, it's a race." Added Tails.

"Hold on, you should add least get some sleep before you do anything else." Duchess yawned, "It's getting late. How about you can get it tomorrow."

"As much as we're tired, mama. But we need to get to that Emerald. Wade can we borrow your scooter?"

"Sure."