chapter 7

Together

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
2nd pov
...................

After that dream, you kept on getting flashes of those horrible images everywhere you looked. Its like they wouldnt leave, like they were here to torment you. You found it quiet weird actually. It felt so...real..As if that dream was trying to foreshadow something. An event that will happen soon.

Taking in a deep breath, you looked at yourself in your mirror, checking if you looked presentable. Fixing up some bits, you decided you looked good enough and ventured out.

Walking down the halls, it was filled with chatter and people running around as they tried to do their jobs. Now this, this is the palace you knew.  You greeted some people on the way out, wishing them a good day.

As you got out, you looked at the city infront of you. Music and the sound of happy children lured in it, making you smile. However, the more you looked at it, the images started to appear again, making you grasp onto your head in pain. You shook your head and turned your gaze to the big tree, aka your meeting spot. Letting out a small sigh, you decided not to go through the city today but use a short cut instead.

When you got to the tree, you sat down on the swing and waited.

And waited..

And waited...

Okay, you might have been a bit over dramatic. You definantly were just waiting here for an hour, but if felt way longer. Slowly, you were losing hope that he wasnt going to turn up. You could feel a pit growing in your stomach and your leg started to bounce from the nerves. However, that all faded when you felt a presence next to you. Turning to your right, you noticed scaramouche standing tall, avoiding your gaze.

"Scaramouche?!" You asked happily, a grin slowly making its way onto your face.

He looked at you from the corner of his eyes, noticing the stupid smile on your face. He let out a scoff and responded sarcastically, "yeah yeah, its me. Dont piss your pants now." He stayed silent for a second. "Also, stop starring at me like that, you look idiotic." He insulted.

An embarrassed blush quickly appeared on your face as, turning your gaze away from him. "IMSOSORRYIJUSTGOTREALLYDISTRACTEDCAUSEIHAVENTSEENYOUINAGESANDIJUSTMISSEDTHIS-" you started to ramble whilst holding onto your cheeks, trying to hide your blush.

Scaramouche only rolled his eyes at this, 'still the same.' He thought to himself, stealing glances at you from time to time. After a bit of standing up, he decided to sit down onto the grass. You noticed this and sat next to him.

.....

'Okay..this is awkward.' You thought to yourself. The tension was thicker than his cocky ass attitude. You tapped your knees in thought, trying to think of a topic to talk about.

"Dont you sometimes miss the times when we were younger?" You randomly blurted out loud. Scaramouche turned his head to look at you.

"Excuse me?" He asked, offended at the question. The look of disgust was both funny and kinda upsetting.

You gulped and started to play with the hem of your shirt. "Well..you know.. when we would spend our days together."

Scaramouche only groaned at this question, a frown appearing on his face. "No. The past is a mistake. It was a time where i was weak and naive. A time where i was a nobody. So, no. No i dont." He spoke with absolute hatred, but you knew that wasnt true. He could pull the most biggest frown, speak with a disgusted tone, but eyes tell a different story. Eyes dont lie. You knew him for years, so you could read him like an open book.

You shook your head. You would be lying if you said that his words didnt hurt you though, but you just decided to ignore his words. "Y'know. I thought you were the strongest person i knew."

He side-eyed you, observing your facial expression, which was just showing a calm and patient smile. He let out a scoff. "As if. Stop lying. That part of me is gone, for good."

You shrugged and then nudged him a bit. "Hm..maybe. But I know that the real you is still somewhere in there, but youre just scared to show it cause of something."

Scaramouche could feel himself grip onto the grass beneath him, nearly pulling it out. His eye twitched a little from your words, but he quickly calmed down and said nothing.

Out of nowhere, something fell onto his hat. Instead of it bouncing off, it just stuck to it. Scaramouche could feel that something fell onto his onto his hat so he let out a confused noise. Meanwhilst you were trying to stifle in a laugh.

"What are you laughing about? Get it off."  He demanded as he tried to reach out for it. However, when he touched it, he only pricked himself. He grimaced a bit and pulled away. This only caused you to laugh, seeing his dumbfounded expression.

As you laughed, scaramouche had an evident frown on his face...but his expression softened. Just for a second though. After a few minutes off your little laughing fit, you calmed down. Slowly you reached to his hand, and picked the item off.

Scaramouche stared at the prickly, green thing in confusion. "What is that?"

You raised your eyebrow, showing it to him in an eye level. "This is a kasztan. Its basically a nut, and this green outershell protects it when it falls of the tree. After a bit, it opens itself. Like this one." You explained in a gentle tone, pulling out an opened kasztan out of nowhere, revealing a brown nut.

'Where the fuck did she get that from.'  Scaramouche asked himself. He slowly nodded at your explanation.

"When i first came to swiatłomrok, i found plenty off these on the ground. You can make them into a food or..build something out of them."

"Wait a damn second...build?" Scaramouche asked, both confused and astonished at this revelation.

You nodded excitedly, pulling out more kasztany out of nowhere and small wooden picks. "Want me to teach you?"

Scaramouche looked you up and down, his mouth slightly open. "Sure..but answer me this.. Where the fuck are you pulling these things out off?!?!?"

His reaction only caused you to chuckle before winking at him, "magic." Your answer just caused him to grumble and cross his arms, making you laugh even harder.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Im not satisfied with this chapter.

Oh well.

•scaramouche actually missed you alot but he will never admit that.