twenty-four.

Orlando, Florida
Jenkins Household
September 20th

Aurora sat on the beanbag in Hakeem's designated room and sighed deeply. Her eyes went from wall to wall, looking at every picture and trinket they hung up after his death. It's always been hard for any of them to stay in this room for long but for some reason, Aurora couldn't leave if she wanted to. Being surrounded by her brother and all that he was calmed her nerves in this moment more than they ever did.

"I really need you, Hakeem." she spoke into the silence. Her eyes caught onto a picture that was taken the day they dropped her off to college.

Hakeem had her on his back while their parents stood on each side of them. It made her smile as she thought about how her entire childhood and teenage years were full of happy memories. The Jenkins were so pure and so full of love no matter what happened and it was something she took pride in, coming from her parents.

"I don't know what's happening or why it's happening but I need you. You had the answer to every single thing." she sighed, closing her eyes.

Darius had been downstairs with her parents after the conversation they all had about Tedric and what needed to be done. He was drained. He missed his son so much and Erica was now going to be in the hospital even longer after they found an infection in her ankle. He wanted a break.

Darius never missed the chance to go into Hakeem's room whenever he visited Angela and Deon so this time was no different. He walked in and his eyes immediately caught sight of Aurora face down on the bed. He knew it was hard for her to come in here so he just went and did the same right next to her.

"Talk to me, lil bit." he spoke, breaking the silence. Aurora took a deep breath before lifting her head and placing her chin on top of her hands.

"I'm just stressed. Like all time level of stressed. I wish he was here." she sighed.

"So do I. I'm sorry that I can't do anything right now. I'm just as overwhelmed as you." he told her.

"You being here is more than enough. I just wish we didn't have to get more people involved. I feel bad because I haven't talked to Calvin or Rod in years and now they're getting involved." she sighed, dropping her head again.

It's been two days since her parents got back home and Aurora was supposed to leave tomorrow morning so she could be back at work for the Saturday practice. She had to have a long conversation with her lead supervisors about her missing work and luckily for her, she didn't have to deal with any major consequences. It was killing her that she was missing out on work when she had just fallen back in love with it. She hoped she wouldn't have to miss anymore days.

Deon notified Aurora and Darius that he had come into contact with Tedric the day before they left to California. Deon was getting an oil change and realized he was standing in front of the man who killed his son. It was his first time seeing him after 4 years but Deon would never forget the face and the stature of the man who took his son from him.

Deon didn't mince any words when approaching Tedric and let him know he wouldn't tolerate any disrespect or harm towards him or his family. Tedric had a lot of respect for Deon as a man because growing up with Hakeem, he was around Deon a lot and saw who he was as a person. It was hard for Tedric to face him after taking his son but it was the past and Tedric wanted Darius's head.