Chapter 4

Sleep finds you much easier than you expected and you sleep soundly through the remainder of the night. You wake in the early morning and find that you're alone. Good, you prefer it that way, you don't think that you could bear to see Aizen right now. You feel disgusting. Your skin is covered in dry sweat, your thighs and core are sticky with the evidence of your consummation, and your eyes are puffy from crying. Your whole body is sore and in pain you realize as you make your way to the bathroom to bathe.

You take note of a beautiful red dress placed carefully over the dresser, but the dress itself is not what catches your eye. No, what catches your eyes is the finely crafted crown that sits atop it. It's made from beautiful thin crafted metal, adored with vines and flowers just as your wedding dress had been. It looked light and elegant. You walked past it, refusing to even touch it, you refused to wear it today, maybe ever. Definitely never you decide. You would do everything you could to let it be known that you didn't want any of this. You would not play his happy wife, you'd do what he'd make you to keep the people you cared for safe but you would make sure he knew the depth of your hatred.

Once you entered the bathroom you looked at your reflection, which was a mistake. Your hair was a mess and your eyes were red and swollen. But that's not what upset you. You choked on a cry as you looked over your body. Your neck was covered in brown and purple bruises, where you neck and shoulder meet there was a large mark from where he'd bitten you and drawn blood. Your hips held more bruises that were clearly from his fingers. It'd take days for all the bruising to subside and you couldn't stop fresh tears from falling down your face. You turned away from the mirror, unable to look at yourself any longer. You began filling the tub with hot water.

Once the tub was filled you got in immediately even as the hot water burned your skin. You spent at least an hour scrubbing every part of your body raw. When the water went cold you drained it and replaced it with more scalding water and continued. No matter how much soap you used or how much you scrubbed your skin you simply didn't feel clean enough. After giving up on your skin you began washing your hair and brushing out the knots. You didn't want to look back in the mirror so you put it up in a sloppy braid while still in the tub. You got out of the tub and pulled on the nightgown from a few days ago, you weren't going to leave the room but you didn't want to sit around naked either.

You entered back into the bedroom and thought about what you'd do. You'd not been to keen on the idea of being shown around the manor before but you definitely didn't want to now, you could already hear the lewd comments Grimmjow would make if he saw you. You thought about sitting by the widow again but you didn't want to have to look at your reflection. Instead you just went back to bed, you pulled the blankets around yourself making a makeshift cocoon. It took you a good while to fall back asleep, mind to busy worrying about when Aizen would be back and what he'd make you do when he did show back up, but eventually sleep did find you.

You woke hours later to the sound of someone banging on your door. You shot up but didn't move further than that. You waited quietly, after a few minutes the banging sounded again. "Hey!" You heard Grimmjow shout from the other side. He'd never knock like that unless he was telling you that Aizen wanted to see you and you had already decided hours ago that you would not be doing that. "Look, if you don't want to come out I-'' he said clearly out of his element and struggling for what to say, "I get it..." To say you were confused would be an understantment, but he continued, "But you have to fucking eat, I'll get someone to bring something up just tell me what you want." You didn't move, you didn't want to see him or anyone for that matter. After another couple minutes of silence you heard him pound his fist into the door "Stubborn bitch." He mumbled to himself.

Your eyes narrowed even when it seemed like he was being nice to you he had such a backwards way of doing so that you couldn't tell what was going on. You couldn't help but roll your eyes as you heard him start to pace again and mumble under his breath. You laid back down to sleep, listening to Grimmjow's footsteps. Strangely it calmed you, lulling you back to sleep quickly and without any of the nauseating thoughts from earlier.