Chapter 5

You couldn't catch your breath and your eyes were still clouded with tears. You could hear the shuffling of feet and hushed whispers from outside as everyone dispersed. Your heart beats faster with every step Aizen takes towards you, it's beating so hard and fast that it causes pain in your chest. Your face is still throbbing and you can feel your own blood on your face and neck, your shaking uncontrollably. You know that he's upset and you can't tell if some of it lies with you. His attention on you has never been good and you can't handle his taunts or his hands on you right now. You feel like you might break into a thousand pieces.

He came to a stop in front of you, he's silent as he looks down at you, his silence is scary, he's always talking or taunting or monologuing or something but not now. You can't look at him, your still breathing rapidly, "I-I'm sorry, I-I, I didn't-" you try to offer some kind of explanation through your tears but you cut yourself off as he reaches for you. You don't mean to but you flinch away causing his hand to stop for a second midair. You knew it was a mistake but you couldn't stop yourself and more tears fell as you worried about the repressions of your previous action.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He tells you, "Let me see your face." His voice is stern, leaving no room for argument. Slowly and with a shaky breath you look up at him, his face is completely unreadable. His auburn eyes lock with yours for only a second, his fingers brush your jaw lightly, lifting so he can examine your busted lip. He moves your head to the side to observe the cheek that the man had struck, then he moves your chin up and looks at your neck. His hold is light and gentle as he moves you around, careful not to move too fast. Anger flashes across his face but it's gone in an instant. You're terrified of him at this moment and the flash of anger on his face doesn't help, you feel trapped again and like you can't breathe.

He drops your chin just as a light knock sounds on your door. Aizen reaches out again and gently leads you to one of the plush chairs by the window, "Sit." He demands as he goes to answer the door. Aizen cracks open the door and you can hear Gins' voice, they're talking in whispers and you can't quite make out what they're saying, not that your focused on it, istead your trying to stop crying and breathe properly. Gin hands something to Aizen then leaves with a bow, Aizen walks back to you and crouches down to be on level with you. In his hand he carries a small soft cloth and a small vial of antiseptic.

From this angle you have to look down at him slightly, he puts his hand on your knee gently and rubs a few small circles with his thumb. "I need to clean your cut." He tells you softer than he had been speaking to you, than he'd ever spoken to you if you truly thought about it. He doesn't move after he says it though and after a moment you realize that he's waiting for you to respond. He's never waited for your permission or consent for anything else so you don't immediately respond to him. You nod to him in agreement after a moment. His gaze falls from your face and he wets the rag with antiseptic, "This will sting a bit my love." He says before bringing the cloth to your mouth and dabbing lightly. It stings and you try to stay still as to not interrupt him or upset him further. He cleans the wound carefully and daps at the blood around it. He stands back up in front of you, "Stay here." He tells you as he walks to the bathroom.

He emerges a minute later and the cloth is washed and drips a small amount of water onto the floor below as he walks. He crouches beside you again and starts wiping the blood from your face and neck without a word. You stiffen but don't move, his eyes rose to yours slowly.

He stands again, he keeps his hand on your face and wipes the tears from under each of your eyes. Aizen pulls the other chair and sits in front of you, he hunches forward a bit. He breathes a small sign as he observes you. "I need you to tell me what happened." He tells you softly and waits patiently for you to respond.

You take a deep shaky breath and then tell him. You tell him everything about running into the red haired man and Nnoitra in the hall, about what Nnoitra had said and how the red haired man had just laughed along with him. You tell him about how he'd entered your room and what he'd said, how he'd hit you and cornered you. When you finish speaking he sits back in his chair thinking over your words. "Where was your guard? It was Grimmjow correct?" He asks with a stern facial expression.