Chapter 7

Grimmjow's hand on your hip is warm, so much so that you feel the heat through the layers of your dress. His hand moves slowly, trailing along your hip and holding it firmly for a moment before he roughly spins you around to face him. You gasp and look up at him, he presses just a bit closer and you make a flustered squeaky sound and try to keep some sort of distance but there is none, your back hits the door, he's just inches from your face and he towers over you looking down with an animalistic smirk.

You try to think of something to say, something to smooth this over. He doesn't seem all that angry, if anything he's laughing at you. Nothing comes to mind so you opt to just tell him the truth, "I'm leaving." You tell him with as much confidence as you can muster, which isn't as much as you'd like and you sound way more unsure than you'd meant to.

Grimmjow laughs, in the most condescending way you'd ever heard. You want to push him away, he's too close and you're a nervous wreck, you can't help but think that maybe you had him pegged wrong. What if he'd just been fucking with you all this time and he was really loyal to Aizen, what if he was still playing that stupid game of cat and mouse and you'd played perfectly into it. He stops laughing and looks down at you, "No you're not." He tells you sternly. The smile slips from his face, "You'll never make it out there princess, especially not in your pretty little dress. Even if you did manage to make it anywhere, someone would pick you up and do far worse than what your husband does to you. Now," he says with a pause and brings his mouth right next to your ear to whisper, "If you keep your pretty little mouth shut I'll take you back to your room and we can pretend nothing happened." You weigh his words for a second but ultimately decide against it.

You shake your head, "No," you start to tell him and he scoffs and interrupts you as he pulls back to look in your eyes again, he's getting annoyed with you but you don't care, you want out and you can't keep waiting forever.

"How can you be so well read and so fucking stupid?" Grimmjow asks with venom laced thick in his voice, "You think things are bad now? How about when he has to hunt you down a second time, he'll kill anyone who helped you, think you can deal with that princess?" He sneers at you.

You start to argue back that you don't want any help but before you can get halfway through the sentence his hard wraps around your throat. He's not squeezing but there's enough pressure that you stop talking and look up at him with wide fearful eyes, "You have no idea what's out there, you know how to hunt? You know how to forage? Do you even know where the hell you're going? Don't be stupid, don't fucking make me drag you back up there." Your hands come up and you wrap them around his wrist and you wince, he loosened his grip a bit but doesn't pull his hand away, you have a sudden realization that he's clearly not trying to hurt you, just intimidate you.

You look at him for a long while, behind all the anger in his eyes there's worry. Even though he's being rough and manhandling you he's still trying to keep you out of trouble, he'd told you once that he wouldn't hurt you and you believe him still. Even now he wasn't hurting you, not really, he was trying to scare you sure but he wasn't trying to hurt you. You swallow before talking, your voice comes out much quicker and weaker sounding than you'd like, "You can't keep me here forever. You said it yourself, you can't guard me all the time. If you take me back there will just be another day, I'll find another chance and if I can't I'll throw myself from the roof. I won't stay here, I won't be this." You argue.

His eyes narrow and he opens his mouth to speak but snaps it shut, his head darts to the side and you try to see what he's looking at but you can't see anything past him. Everything's silent behind him for just a moment before you hear it. It's distant but you hear the light tap of someone's shoes hitting the stone. The sound slowly draws closer and you start to panic, someone's going to see the two of you and they'll report it back to Aizen, your escape will be squashed before you even make it out of the manor, you knew things would be bad if he had to hunt you a second time but what about this, what would he do about you just trying to leave?