Chapter 6

The office is well lit by a small fireplace opposite to Aizen's large mahogany desk, as well as a number of candles scattered around the room and along the mantle of the fireplace. Aizen doesn't look up from whatever he's writing as you enter but Gin does. The silver haired man is standing off to the side by a window, he looks at you as Grimmjow pulls the door shut and smiles. You'd never trusted his smile before all this and you especially didn't trust it now. You nod to him lightly and look around the room nervously. There's a large bookcase on either side of the fireplace and the adjacent wall is lined with floor to ceiling windows with deep red curtains trimmed with gold. Aizen's desk is littered with papers and a few stacked books as well as a quill and ink. The area he works on is clean besides the documents he's currently writing but the rest looks like it hadn't been cleaned off since he'd arrived here. The mantle of the fireplace drips with wax runoff from the candles currently burning and countless before them.

You wait a bit awkwardly in the middle of the room, picking at the skin on the top of your hand with your nails. "Gin, you may go, I'll meet with you in the morning and review everything." Aizen speaks to Gin while still looking down at his work. You have no idea what he's working on and want to look, but you know better, he'd told you nothing about the happenings around your kingdom, in fact everything you'd known had come from Grimmjow and you were sure that Aizen wouldn't be to pleased to know that Grimmjow had told you anything at all. He kept you in the manor with little information on purpose, you figured it was to keep you reliant on him and deter you from trying to escape.

Your eyes fall to Gin and he just nods with that same creepy smile that he always wears, "Alright," He says politely before giving a small bow. He turns to you still holding that smile, "It was a pleasure seeing you again, short as it was, hopefully next time we'll have more time to actually catch up." He tells you before giving you a bow as well.

You mumble out a small thank you and nod to him as well with what you hope is a pleasant smile. You pray that you never have to actually sit and talk with him for long. He leaves and as the door slams shut you realize that it's just Aizen and you, you fidget a bit again, feeling uncomfortable and tense. He still doesn't look at you and you start to panic again, the air in the room seems tense and you can't tell if it's all in your head or not. You start picking at your hand again nervously. "Have you eaten yet?" Aizen asks abruptly, eyes still focused downward, your eyes dart to him a bit wide at the sudden question.

You shake your head but realize that he's still not really looking at you, "No, but it's alright." You say softly after a second. He's acting strangely and you desperately want to be anywhere else. You can't help but feel like a child about to be scolded except you have no idea what you'd done wrong.

Aizen's brown eyes flick to yours and he raises a brow, "I can have something brought up." He tells you, finally looking at you. Now that he is looking at you, you wish he'd stop. He seems annoyed, perhaps he's not upset with you but why would he want to see you if he's upset anyways?

You shake your head lightly again, you're not too hungry and you don't think that you could eat around him with how nervous you were anyways. "I'm alright," You say and after a second add on, "Thank you for the offer though." You're trying not to show how panicked and nervous you were but you were pretty sure you were failing. Aizen had shown an almost uncanny ability to read you and you feared that if you were around him much more that he would figure out what you were planning and that was the last thing you needed.

Aizen holds your gaze for a minute before he lets his eyes fall back to his paperwork. "You've been eating again, yes?" He asks idly, as he continues his work.

Your mouth goes dry and you have to swallow before answering, you internally panicking in fear, thinking perhaps that he'd found out about the tea. You don't know how to respond properly so you just answer with a simple, "Yes." You feel nauseous and if it were anyone else you'd try to leave but you know it's hopeless with him, he'll do what he wants when he wants and doesn't really care how you feel about it.