Part 5

it didn't take long for heeseung to start corrupting your dreams, blurring the line of what a dream and a nightmare is. in the depths of the night, your slumber was disturbed by images.

always finding yourself in a desolate dreamscape that you wander through, listening to whispers of your name in the air. the voices draw you towards a figure standing in the shadows. the closer you get, the more you could realize that it was heeseung, his presence both captivating and terrifying.

you could feel fear clenching your heart, your instincts wanting you to flee. yet, a part of you secretly relishes these dreams, these encounters with the enigmatic demon who holds a power over you whether he knows or not.

in the nightmare, heeseung steps forward, his eyes gleaming with his charm. "angel," he murmured, his voice a seductive melody that you remember it has. "you're mine, right?"

conflicting emotions surge within you. you know you should be frightened by him, to resist his demonic presence. but a part of you craved his attention, relish in the intrigue and danger that pulsed through your veins.

as he moves closer in the nightmare, reaching out and placing his cold hands on your bare arms, it sends electric currents surging through your body. making you feel a sort of high heeseung has only ever been able to give you.

despite the initial fear of your nightmares, your secret longing intensified the more you dreamt of him. it was a twisted dance between fear and desire. you yearned for the darkness that consumed your dreams, drawn to heeseung like a moth to a flame.

you started seeing flashes of what could only be heeseung during the day when you were awake. seeing him in the reflection of the window when you were washing dishes, only to turn around and to find no one.

when you went out to a cafe with mary, you swore you saw heeseung standing across the street through the cafe's window, but he was gone when you turned your head completely to look at him.

finally, feeling insane from seeing him in your dreams and while you were awake, you had enough. you needed to talk to heeseung. you needed to see him for more than a second again.

knowing the only way you reached him before was thrown on a dusty box in the attack, you started to march your way to the attic, just wanting peace from this hellish reality you've been living in for weeks.

as soon as your hand was about to turn the copper door knob on the faded floral door, you heard his voice behind you. "and what do you think you're doing?"

you squeak and turned around, facing the demon you were looking for, "i wanted to talk to you, again."

heeseung scoffed from his position of leaning on the wall, his arms crossed over his chest, "right, but you and a ouija board don't go so good together- especially since you summoned me last time," heeseung started to walk closer to you, "who knows who you could've summoned this time."

you gulped as you stared up at the demon who had been in your dreams for the past month, "well, i didn't know how else to contact you! you- you keep showing up in my dreams and i know, i've seen you."

"y/n," heeseung glanced into your eyes, and you saw his hand start to move by his side but ultimately stopped and dropped back, "you can't contact me again, that's part of the whole incubus thing. we should never speak again."

"w-what? but what about my dreams and i saw y-!" heeseung's finger pressed against your lips, stopping you with a quick "shh!".

"those should stay between us, i shouldn't be doing those things. i could get in serious trouble."

heeseung's eyes were serious as you look into them, trying to get every detail to truly remember them in their mocha form. his finger dropped from your lips and hesitantly puts his hand back to his side, like he wanted to touch you but he can't.

"then why were you doing those things?"

heeseung shrugged as he scanned your confused and frustrated face, "i don't know. i shouldn't have though. i won't anymore."

you scoffed, not being able to comprehend the turn of events, "so, this will be the last time i see you?" heeseung's lips fell into a frown and his eyes hold sadness with your question. you take his expression as the answer you didn't want to hear and looked away from him, to the floor.

"i'm sorry, angel." heeseung's whispered words reached your ear as he steps closer to you, only an inch away from your face. his hand reached up to grab your chin, pulling your face so you looked at him instead of the oak floor. your eyes have nowhere to look except for him. you take in every detail of his face, his moles by his lips– the one on his forehead that you catch a glimpse of through his bangs, his thin nose that you just want to kiss.

"this'll be it." are his last words before he's leaning in and pressing his lips to yours. you stood on your toes to kiss him back, wanting him to feel all your emotions in the kiss. the kiss felt like a collision of souls, a culmination of desires that transcended into his and your realm.

your hands leave from your sides to wrap around his neck, but they ultimately fall back down to your body. you open your eyes and that's when you see heeseung was no longer in front of you, his lips have left yours, his final, lingering touch.

you stood alone in your hallway now, your heart heavy. you knew this connection with heeseung could've ended with a heartbreak, but you wish it would've lasted longer. you wish you could've talked to him more before the final kiss.

with tears streaming down your face, you whispered a final goodbye to him before going to bed, hoping and wishing that he would visit your dreams again.