Part 8

when you awakened to the gentle rays of dawn, your eyes fluttered open, instantly shifting to the space beside you. you felt your heart skip a beat when you see that heeseung was still there, his presence warm and comforting against his cold skin.

heeseung was already awake, glancing down at you softly as you fully wake up.

"you're still here," you whispered, your voice mixed with surprise and relief.

heeseung's lips form a tender smile as he speaks, "of course. i've been watching you sleep." he confesses, his words carrying a sense of vulnerability.

a red blush colours your cheeks as you sit up beside him. "and i slept so peacefully. it's been awhile since i've slept this good."

heeseung's eyes change with your words to ones of regret, "i know you've been so sad," remorse fills his words, "it feels like all i can do to bring sorrow or fleeting pleasure to people."

you shook your head, your eyes sincere as you reach out to touch his cheek gently, "you make me happy, hee. just having you here for more than an hour means more than you'll ever know."

a graceful smile joins heeseung's lips, hopefulness in his eyes, "i promise, y/n. i'll stay by your side forever."

with his words you realize how isolated and alone you have been feeling with your struggles. but now, with heeseung by your side, you felt like you could do anything in this sanctuary with him. even if he was surrounded with darkness that threatens to consume you.

you quickly push the last thought away, leaning in to brush your lips against his in a gentle, soft kiss. a kiss that both of you find a sense of belonging in. the promise of his presence and unwavering devotion filled your core with happiness.