Winnie Melbourne

Winnie Melbourne

I was born of blood and death. My life was filled with blood and death, driven by blood and death, and dictated by blood and death. It surrounds me. The strong scent of iron, the red ocean that flows through the Mountain, the decaying of those I have killed.

I was a monster born and bred to make those who dare defy me fear the dark. The Shadows were mine and they moved to my will, making those who have crossed the lines I have defined fear them.

The Shadows are not just darkness. They are the creatures of the darkness. A whisper in your ear as you sleep. Claws lightly scratching the floor and walls in the dark corners of your room. A hiss as you walk through dark streets.

And the demons in the dark corners of your mind.

Whether you realize it or not, I own you. I can use the darkness in your mind, the things you shove into the farthest depths that you wish to forget, to make you drown in your own misery. I can make you suffer and feel so alone just by bringing your dark secrets to light.

Before I became Prime Alpha, there were only red rivers running through the Mountain. Now there are oceans of red and the weak have drowned in the tide. There is no room for weakness on the Mountain.

But now I must cause a tsunami.

The Flat Packs are rebelling against my rule. They say I am destroying the Mountain with my cruel ways. I say I am trying to birth a new era.

Somebody has betrayed me. I'll spill blood to find out who dares go against me. But to do that, I need my mates.

All of them.

They'll answer my call and join me on the Mountain, whether they want to or not. My Flat Pack Alpha mate will have no choice, not when the renewed matebond calls him to me. Bronze and Ezra will stay by my side, and a new male has joined the mix.

Alpha Aslin of Orange Mountain.

I don't understand why Mother Mene has given him to me as her last act as Goddess, but she declares I will need him. With all my mates at my side, I'm ready to unleash hell.

The weak have drowned in the tide of the red ocean, but everybody will drown in the coming tsunami. I hope they get right with their Mother Goddess because they'll be meeting her very soon.

But too bad I don't accept apologies.