Chapter Eight

Winnie Melbourne

Some sick part of me, the Dark Goddess and my wolf, enjoys inflicting pain on people we deem unfit to live or people who are just horrible people to begin with. Use Annie as an example. Born into a noble family and came into her powers at the ripe age of thirteen. She would grow to become one of the best witches of her time, aside from Genevieve of course. But the power got to her head and let it drive her. Annie became thirsty for more power, and the quickest way to get more power was to kill another witch or warlock. Little Annie took her time choosing her victims, which would soon her parents and little sister.

I lift my chin and smirk slightly, staring at the broken little girl in front of me. "What happened to strong Annie?", I ask. She whimpers as I bend at the waist and make direct eye contact with her. Blood runs from her scalp, dripping into her eyes and partially blinding her. "She's in the backseat, isn't she? And the scared little girl has taken the front seat, driving you to your doom. How pathetic. It's almost enough for me to take pity on you, but not enough."

"Fuck you.", she spits, specks of blood flying out of her mouth and hitting my face.

"There she is.", I coo. "Now, I have a proposition for you. Either tell me where Genevieve is, or you'll die a very slow, painful death."

"I can't say anything.", she whimpers as she leans away from me.

Tilting my head, I examine her eyes for any lies. "Can't or won't?"

"Can't. I'm bound by my Queen. Saying anything will result in a much more painful death compared to what you are offering. I will die as my body consumes itself until I am nothing but a husk. It could take days, weeks even."

"You may be bound by your Queen, but I am your Goddess and I am commanding you to tell me where she is!", I snarl, throwing power behind my words. Annie flinches from me, mouth opening and closing but the command of her Queen is still holding her back. "Tell me, witch!", I shout.

Dominance and power floods the room and she screams. "THE MOUNTAIN! SHE'S ON THE MOUNTAIN! THAT'S ALL I KNOW, I SWEAR!"

I immeadiatly reign myself in, nodding to her words. "Thank you, Annie, for your cooperation. If you swear your allegiance to me, I will let you live. If not, my brothers will handle you."

Rage fills her eyes and she spits at my feet, a ball of blood. "Let them do their worst."

I grin. "With pleasure. Say hello to your family. They've been waiting a very long time for you to come to them. And they're very angry.", I say.

I turn my back to her and open the door as the lights in the cell flicker. The last thing I hear is her terrified screams as they echo off the walls.