4-His fault.

(Can't believe steel wool made this 🥹 I'm genuinely starting to believe they're canon 🥰🥰/look to the bottom left of the pic!)

-

Mike trashed the last dirty rag used on Monty. The once white piece of cloth had gotten coated in nasty stains from all the deep black oil being used.

He closed his eyes and sighed in annoyance yet relief. Relieved he was finished with Monty but annoyed that he had to fix him in the first place. And who knows how much damages the program could've already done?

The human heard the animatronic's power-on tone from behind him, and turned to see Monty rubbing his head in confusion with closed eyes.

Mike leaned back against the small table off to the side, crossing his arms and ankles.

"Finally; it's about time you woke up. I don't know how much you'll be able to remember, but whoever installed your updated casing must've also given you an extreme virus." Mike said, informing the gator of the situation.

Monty, in return, squinted his eyes while trying to understand. "E-Extreme?" He stuttered.

"Yes..." Mike started, standing straight with this arms still crossed. "I'm sure you've heard about Foxy. This is the same virus that drove him out of commission. You'll most likely experience a tad bit of aggression as a side effect of it's removal, but it shouldn't do much damage."

Monty looked surprised yet nervous. "S-So you're saying...I could've been put out of commission?!"

"Just relax. It shouldn't have been  there long enough to do any real damage. If I had to guess, you most likely just didn't have control over your body for a few hours. You may not be able to remember what happened in that time, so there's no way to know for sure." Mike explained, watching Monty cool down more and more by the second.

"Okay...well, uh, thank you I guess." The gator scratched his neck.

"Yeah, be careful from now on. Like Roxy said, I won't be around anymore, so if you get infected again I won't be able to help. And to my knowledge, there's no other worker who does know." The repair-man spat, his words laced with venom directed at the entity that had been infecting others.

Monty gulped in slight fear but was quick to allow Mike some ease at mind. "Okay, I-I'll be careful." The gator stuttered out, still a little fearful at Mike's tone and expression.

The man looked back at Monty with a straight face. "Good," He spoke. "Now go back upstairs. And don't tell anyone I worked on you."

Monty took another gulp at Mike's stern and frightening tone. He shook his head rapidly then quickly left to be out of the hard tension in the repair-room, leaving Mike to be alone in his final moment at the pizzaplex.

---

Monty had come back upstairs, and headed toward the main stage upon seeing Freddy there. The bear looked distressed and Monty was curious as to what caused that.

"Hey Freddy!" Monty smiled, walking up to the other with a cheery face. Freddy gave a lightheaded smile in return but it soon turned back to his previous melancholy expression.