Skateboarding - Jude x reader

Requested by: Shipping_lover
Setting: The food court
-

You couldn't help but feel nervous as you stood by the food court, clutching onto Jude's skateboard tightly. This was your first time attempting to skate, and you couldn't have asked for a better teacher than your boyfriend, Jude.

Jude approached you with a wide grin on his face. "Hey, Y/N! Ready to shred some pavement?"

You nodded, trying to hide your nervousness. "I'll give it a shot, but I can't promise any miracles,"

Jude chuckled and placed a reassuring hand on your shoulder. "No worries, babe. Remember, it's all about having fun. You'll get the hang of it in no time."

"Okay, first things first," Jude began, crouching down and demonstrating the proper stance on the skateboard. "Feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent, and keep your eyes on the horizon. Got it?"

You mimicked his position on the board, feeling a bit wobbly at first. Jude gave you an encouraging smile. "That's it, Y/N! You're doing great. Now, let's start with something simple. Just push off with one foot and let the momentum carry you forward."

You pushed off with your back foot, feeling the skateboard glide beneath you. You struggled to maintain your balance, but Jude quickly caught your arm, preventing you from falling.

"Whoa, there! Nice save, Y/N," Jude chuckled, "Remember, falling is part of learning, so don't be afraid to take risks. It's all about getting back up and trying again."

You nodded, grateful for his support. With each attempt, Jude provided helpful tips and encouragement, making you feel more at ease. Soon, you began to gain confidence, finding your balance and even attempting a few basic tricks.

"Thanks for teaching me, Jude," You said, leaning your head against his shoulder. "I never thought I'd enjoy skating this much."

Jude wrapped an arm around you, a proud smile on his face. "Anytime, Y/N. I knew you had it in you. Skateboarding is all about finding your groove and expressing yourself. I'm happy I could be a part of that journey with you."

You snuggled closer to him, feeling a newfound love for the world of skateboarding and the person who introduced you to it.