Chapter 1

What goes to people's minds when they think of Night City? A place known as the City of Dreams? A paradise for all no matter what class system you are? The city where you'll make the most memories?

Hell No!

You will see a shit hole of a city run by corruption and greed from corporations and rich assholes who love making the lower-class beg and feel helpless. Gangs run killing each other for territory only to fail miserably but they keep trying. The homeless rate skyrocketed and hundreds of abandoned buildings that the city is too fuckin lazy to tear down. That's exactly, what Y/n sees once he opens his eyes, or rather his visor. 

Y/n: "Cracked walls, maggots crawling on the floor, piss stains, and trash all over the place."  He said in a monotone computer-style tone. (We're using G1 Soundwaves voice... for now). "I'm either in Night City, Portland, or Detroit." (Sorry to those that live in those places.)

Radio: "GOOD MORNING NIGHT CITY!!!" The radio announced on its own. 

Y/n: "There goes my answer." He said to himself before walking out of the apartment.

He ignores the bums and drug addicts while stepping out of the abandoned apartments, and sees outside the cracked streets, people walking like zombies, many industrial factories and plants being completely abandoned, and piles of trash on the sidewalk with flies all around it. 

Y/n: 'Judging by the look of the area, I seemed to be in Watson.' He thinks to himself as he continues to walk. 'Guess I was right.' He thinks as he stops to see a familiar graffiti design logo.

A metallic skull with 5 red-eye implants and cybernetic spider legs underneath. 

(I don't own this image

(I don't own this image.)

Y/n: 'Fuckin Maelstrom' He said in his head as he continues to walk aimlessly.

As he continues to walk, he sees people looking at him in wonder as they seem like some Corpo with unknown or rare implants on his face. Y/n stops to look at a street sign and sees that he's in Little China.

Y/n: 'Little China, the same place where Viktor's Clinic, Misty's Esoterica, Megabuilding H10, and even the Afterlife are here.' He said as he continued to walk while ignoring the people who were looking at him.

The Cyber Goddess's chosen decided to head to Megabuilding H10 to find a temporary place to rest for the time being. Since he doesn't have an eddies, he walks around to an empty corner and checks his surroundings. Since he doesn't see city cameras and people around him, he has his sights on some ATMs and Drop points.

Y/n: 'Let's begin.' He said in his head as he was about to one of Soundwave's abilities. 

His Visor began to light up and a download bar appeared once he targeted the machines. The download bar begins to gather data, such as the manufacturer of the machines, but he mainly focuses on the eddies that are beginning to gather on his account, which he creates a less than a second. A minute later, he sees that he has 50,000 eddies in his account and the machines begin to malfunction catching people's attention.