Chapter 12

What did the Edgerunner crew see once they went inside the operating room? Maybe the room was full of blood, with Maine's cut-up body with his cybernetics missing like if Y/n was with Night City's Scavengers. No, it was something much more horrifying and cringy than that. It is Maine flexing his new and improved Gorilla Arm implants. 

Maine: "Damn look at these babies! Ima attract all the ladies with these!" He said with a large smile as he kissed his cyberarms.

( I don't own this image.)

Dorio: "What was that, Maine?" She said with a frown.

Maine: "Oh shit! How long have you been there?" He said with a jumpscare.

Rebecca: "Just the part of you having a hard-on for your new chrome." The ex-Mox said before laughing with Pilar joining her. 

Kiwi: "Are you alright, Maine?"

Maine: "Never better! I felt like stress was taken off my shoulders!" He said with a relaxed sigh.

Dorio: "I'm glad you're alright, Maine." She said gently before hugging her boyfriend as he hugged her back. 

The next thing that happened, was Dorio punching Maine right in the gut, causing him to gasp as he was on his knees. 

Maine: "W-What the hell, D-Dorio?" He said with a hoarse voice as looks at his girl.

Dorio: "You were developing Cyberpsychosis and you didn't fuckin tell me?!!!" Yells the Ex-Animal.

Maine: "Who told you?" He slowly asked.

Lucy: "The Moxes told us. Soundwave, or rather Shockwave, scanned you and found out about it. That's why he had those robots stun you and brought you in here." Said one of the netrunners. 

Maine was silent but was cursing at the Shockwave on the inside since he didn't want anyone else finding out about it.

Maine: "I-I didn't know how to tell you. I thought it would have eventually phased out with the pills the doc gave me, but it didn't do much."

Dorio: "Then when would you tell me? When you're about to kill me?! Kill all of us!!!" Dorio yells with anger.  

Maine was silent as he didn't have an answer to that. He truly didn't know when or if he would have told Dorio about the Cyberpsychosis. Truly both the ripperdoc and him knew that he was a ticking time bomb. 

Maine: "I'm... sorry Dorio. I'm a fuckin moron, for not trusting you. I was mostly afraid of going apeshit crazy on you and everyone else I care about. If punching me, makes you feel better then do it as much as you want." He said with his arms spread, readying to take his hits. 

A few seconds has passed. but Maine has taken no hits from his muscled girlfriend. Dorio can only stare at him before she slightly hugs him.

Dorio: "I'm just glad that you're alright, Maine." She said with a gentle tone.