Ch.1-Before the Red

A/N: This story is just an idea I've been kicking around. Contains mature content and strong language because fuck it why not. Also worth mentioning, I do not speak Russian, so if something is off, sorry, I'm using a translator. Rather than writing it as written in russian I am writing it in "english" russian.----I changed your brothers first name to Kemeron so...his name is now Kemeron Ivanov y/l/n just for clarity.
*
*
*
*
*
*
Y/n sat on the counter listening to her brother sing quietly in russian as she happily played with her stuffed toy. Suddenly, her brother Kemeron looked up at her, a strange look of sadness on his face and spoke.

"ey, sestrenka, ty zhe znayesh', chto ya lyublyu tebya, verno??" ("Hey, little sister, you know I love you, right?") He studied her waiting for her response.

She lifted her little head from playing with her little stuffie and looked at her brother carefully, forming words.

"da, starshiy brat" she said smiling ("Yes, big brother")

He watched her as she continued to play quietly, a small smile tilting his cheeks up.

"YA by sdelal vse, chtoby izmenit' khod veshchey...."("I would do anything to change the way things are....") he murmured.

Y/n just looked at him a small line of confusion forming on her brow. He sighed and put some music on looking at his little sister face falling.

"ya bol'she ne mogu etogo delat'..", (I can't do this anymore...") hugging his little sister tightly he said
"pozhaluysta, ne dumay, chto eto tvoya vina...ya tebya lyublyu."(Please don't think this is your fault... I love you.")

Y/n looks up at him from the stuffed animal in her hands, tilting her head slightly confused, wondering what he meant. Looking around the small kitchen y/n noticed, not for the first time, the light above them flickering every so often and wondered where their mother was today. "Gde мама?" ("Where mom?") Y/n fumbled out.

Her brother just shrugged his shoulders, his black hair falling into his eyes with the movement. After brushing his hair from his eyes, he grabbed something shiny and silver, spinning it around in his hand with a far away look on his face. "nikogda ne zabyvay, ya lyublyu tebya, sestrenka, obeshchay mne?" ("Never forget I love you little sis, promise me?")

Y/n studied the shiny thing in his hand curiously wondering what it was, she had seen it before but couldn't remember what it was. "Da, starshiy brat."("Yes, big brother.") Y/n frowned trying harder to remember what the object was while her brother seemed to come to a decision. Slowly, he nodded, slipping his silver ring off and pressing it into y/n's hand.
"khorosho, poderzhi eto dlya menya." ("Good. Hold onto this for me") he said before turning away for a moment. Curiously y/n spun the too big ring around her fingers wondering why he gave it to her, it was his favorite, he never took it off. He always said it was dad's...Their father was gone and y/n couldn't remember why, no one ever really talked about him anymore. Big brother always seemed so sad when she asked so she stopped asking. Her big brother was her favorite person in the world. Any time she was sad or afraid her big brother was always right there smiling at her and hugging her tight. Nothing bad could ever happen if he was around.

The radio softly turned to a lullaby and y/n yawned, it had been a long day already and as a small 2 year old she was over due for a mid day nap, she wanted to stay up until mom came back though. Their mom usually came home before her nap and even if her mom didn't say a whole lot, she loved her mom dearly.

When Kemeron turned back around, he seemed paler than Y/n remembered, and his breathing became strained. Unsure of how to react y/n offered up her stuffed toy, hoping to put her brother at ease, at least for a time. He smiled at her shaking his head and said "Net, sestrenka. Igray, vse budet khorosho." ("No, little sister. Play, it will be okay.")

Y/n went back to playing with her toy glancing at the door and at her brother every so often. After a few minutes he brother wrapped his arms around her, pale as a ghost, hugging her tight. Red paint seemed to color her face and arms from hugging her brother but she didn't seem to mind. She studied him a bit more closely seeing he looked like he was tired or not feeling well and asked sweetly, "Brat vzdremnul?" ("Brother nap?")

He smiled and shook his head slowly like it was filled with cotton, "Ne v etot raz, sestrenka." ("Not this time, little sis.")

That confused y/n more, he looked exhausted and his eyes kept fluttering closed. She shrugged and said, "ya tebya lyublyu, brat" ("I love you, brother") and began twisting his ring around her hand again.

After another hour, their mom came in, ignoring the pair as normal until she spotted the red all over and her face contorted in anger and grief. Y/n pointed at her brother, laying on the floor, and said, "Brat spit." ("Brother sleeping") She giggled hugging her stuffed toy not understanding why her mother seemed to get even angrier at her comment. Not until her mom marched over and backhanded her hard enough for her to fall off the counter.

Y/n looked up crying "chto delat' mama?" ("What do momma?") looking between the angry face of her mom and her sleeping brother, her face beginning to swell from the impact.

Her mother ignored her marching over to a nearby phone and dialing someone and speaking in hushed angry tones. After a few minutes, she slammed the receiver down, staring at her daughter with cold malice. The way her mom was looking at her gave y/n shivers as she tried to figure out what had made her so angry, her little hand reaching up to touch the now large purple mark on her right cheek.

Y/n looked back at her mom seeing a strange look on her mom's face and startled when she spoke, "U menya net docheri." ("I have no daughter"). Y/n's mothers lip curled in disgust and then twisted into a sadistic smile as a knock came at the door. Pushing away from the wall, she opened the door, letting 4 rather large men inside who immediately zeroed in on the small child before them.

The largest of the 4 men looked over at y/n's mother and nodded handing her an envelope with a thick stack of rubles inside saying, "Ona stanet prekrasnym dopolneniyem. Obshchestvo Golubey budet obozhat' yeye." ("She will be a perfect addition. The Dove Society is going to adore her.") He then motioned to the other 3 men who began to approach y/n picking her up as she began to cry, panicked at being handled by people she didn't know.

Looking pleadingly at her mom y/n cried "Mama, pomogi pozhaluysta!" ("Momma help please!"). The men simply picked her up as she cried and screamed and put a black cloth over her head and took y/n outside and roughly tossed her in a hard backseat as two of the 4 men got on either side of her and they left.

Y/n sat crying in the car for what seemed like forever until her little body simply gave out from exhaustion, and she fell asleep clutching tightly to her brothers ring...