Ch. 8-Real Mature

**A/N: I'm gonna time jump ahead a week, while I originally intended on not putting in any skips I legitimately can't think of a good and entertaining lead in for the next scene BUT the scene is totally worth it. Also worth noting WP has been a nightmare using Italislcs foe thoughts, so fixing it took a few tries. HAPPY HOLIDAYS**

1 week later
*
*
*
*

Y/N POV:

At the sound of the locks to my cell clicking open your head moves to see who is opening the door and unsurprisingly find Wanda and Clint. The pair seem to have taken a real liking to you through the time you have spent locked in the glass cell. Wanda had come to visit almost every day, and Clint stopped by frequently even after coaxing out enough information from you to be useful. Natasha never came back by, or at least not that you saw. They did bring you the sequels to the books you had requested and even brought you a pencil and paper to draw or write if you got too bored.

Clint spoke first, "Hey Y/n, I got the green light to let out of here. Now I'm sure you are aware we can't just let you loose or anything, but we cleared the room between Wanda and another recruit you'll meet later by the name of Yelena."

"Yelena? That name sounds...familiar?" Pausing to try and remember where you heard the name last but drawing a blank as Clint continues mistaking your pause for nerves.

"Yeah, don't worry, though. I'm sure you two will get along great. Well..." He stopped reconsidering for a few seconds, "Maybe once you two get acquainted. She can be a bit hard to get to know, but just ask Kate, our other newer recruit, my protégé actually, Yelena is actually super nice once you know her."

I wonder why that girls name seems so familiar... Did the chemical subjugation mess with my memories, too? The antidote Clint and that guy Banner gave me seems to have worked, but it feels like some of my memories are just....gone. I wonder if I will ever get them back fully...

You're too focused on your own thoughts to realize that Wanda had been speaking to you too until you felt her lightly touch your arm, causing your body to lock up, ready to kill whatever touched you. Realizing the mistake in an instant, she stepped back a little unnerved.

"Sorry, I wasn't trying to startle you, I was saying you looked a little lost.." Holding her now very familiar jacket out to you, you slip it on without hesitation, letting the soft supple warmth of the leather calm you. Something about the scent on it helped to soothe your mind whenever it seemed to go awry.

That same smell, it doesn't feel like it fits her at all, honestly. She seems like she would be more of a....vanilla sandalwood lavender and sage sort of person....

"No, you're good. Sorry, it's a force of habit, I guess. Thanks for this, too. I was a bit cold. So why am I cleared now? Did something...pan out?" Hesitently looking at Clint, unsure if you wanted them to have found the man that made your life hell simply because he could hurt them too.

God, what if he finds them and kills them or tortures them? It'd be all my fault. Ruining another set of lives, way to go y/n. Still a poison, do you ever--

Catching the strange look on Wanda's face, not for the first time, you're thought gets cut off. The odd look passes by quickly as her gaze softens again, smiling at you.

"So are you ready for a nice hot shower and some fresh clothes? You can use my room for now while we finish setting one up for you to use. We will need to get you some clothes too, but we can swipe Tony's credit card for that later." She said, winking at you.

You finally start to walk out of the cell with her and Clint, keeping a careful space between you and them. Noticing the distance, Clint moves just a bit further away in silent acknowledgment, which relaxes your demeanor a fraction. The cell they led you out of was connected to a giant room, but once you reached the hallway, you realized the place looked more like a basement than the warehouse impression the stark metal walls of the previous room gave off.