Ch. 13-Seriously?

*

*

*

Recap:

*

*

*

If Y/n had been paying attention, she would have caught the sound of the door opening and closing about 15 minutes before she fell asleep, but she hadn't. She had been so entranced by the sense of tranquility that she felt that she missed the flash of red hair slipping into the shadows of the roof. Natasha walked over, staring down at Y/n's sleeping form for a moment as her mind processed the sight in front of her.

“This idiot really came out on the roof in the middle of the night and passed out…and she is supposed to be the world's deadliest assassin…” She frowned for a few minutes before she shivered, the night air having cooled more the longer the sun was away.

Before she could question herself too much, Natasha rolled her eyes and walked off, going back into the tower only to reappear a bit later with a thick blanket, which she draped over Y/n. When she was satisfied, she turned around again to walk back in, stopping short to look one last time at Y/n before she went inside and mumbled, *“moron….”*

*

*

*

As Y/n awoke, sometime the next day, the sun rose above the horizon, its soft golden rays painting the clouds a vibrant reddish pink. When she looked down and saw the blanket, her mind started to race almost immediately, having fallen asleep without a blanket. She probably would have worried on it longer if her stomach hadn't interrupted before she could really begin to worry. Opting to be respectful she had folded the blanket up and carried it in with her on the way to get herself some breakfast, which was a lot harder for a task than she had thought it would be. She had gotten lost and turned around at least 4 times before running into an all to familiar person.

“Y/n? What are you doing here?” Bucky studied her face looking for some kind of reaction beyond just a response to his question.

She hesitated before she answered, not wanting to admit she was lost to HIM of all people, but when her body made itsdispleasure known again more loudly she finally spoke up, “I was on my way to find the kitchen and I got turned around. This stupid tower has too many rooms and hallways. It's worse that that bloody SHIELD compound was!”

Chuckling to himself for a moment before he spoke up, Bucky responded “Yeah you get used to it, though. Come on, with any luck, Wanda made breakfast.”

Walking off the direction she assumed the elevator was, or maybe the stairs? A girl could hope, right? Before Y/n could hope for a better outcome, though, Bucky had stopped at the elevator and pressed the down button. His movements undeterred by her discomfort, or maybe just not seeing it.

Y/n quietly grumbled to herself, “What do you people have against good old fashioned stairs?…”

That earned a laugh from the soldier in front of her, his shoulder shaking even as he responded. “This tower has 30 floors. There's no way in hell we are going to use the stairs for that. If you wanted a staircase trainer, the training room is on the 7th floor.”

"30 isn't THAT many floors," she mumbled irritably and just a touch annoyed as they stepped into the elevator.

The ride was blissfully silent besides the occasional ding signaling the passing of another floor.  For all his faults, Bucky at least still seemed to value the concept of avoiding meaningless and forced small talk. Something Y/n appreciated more than she would say.