Ch. 4-Hell in a Hand Basket

A/N and now for what everyone has been waiting for (myself included) THE AVENGERS!!! I will say now, I refuse to let any one of the Avengers die, so if you're wanting something like Endgame or Infinity War, you may as well stop reading.

3rd Person POV:

4 years later
*
*
*
*
Y/N is running through the broken streets of Irkutsk, having just detonated a blast that leveled the governing building with everyone inside. Strucker had ordered an information gathering and fear instilling op at the head of the city's office, which Y/N had accomplished. What Y/N HADN'T counted on was a team of 2 Avengers hunting her down in an effort to take her out. True mostly, they are in the business of saving, but the two after her seemed set to kill. The man fired another explosive arrow hoping to catch her off guard while the firey redheaded woman fired off another sniper round, which y/n danced sideways just in time to avoid.

Y/N POV:

Fuck me these two just don't give up do they?! Who the fuck are these two? Strucker didn't mention any competing operatives in the damn area when he sent me out!

I kept running sensing when the rounds would fire and bolted behind a nearby building, slipping into the allyway deftly. I paused for a brief instant, catching my breath before continuing to run, trying to lose the two between the buildings. Another round slams through a building, tearing through my left shoulder and passing back out as another arrow flies, hitting the ground a few feet away and detonating, slamming me into the nearby wall.

These two are GOOD, Jesus! And what the fuck is with the arrows?! WHO SHOOTS ARROWS?! Seriously, it's modern day! That damn sniper is a hell of a shot, though.

I glance down at the hole in my left shoulder. Then, glance around quickly assessing my best course, then sensing another round and ducking just in time to avoid it and bolting.

God damn it, I can barely even think! If nothing else, I can try to shadow meld.

I spin around the corner, aiming my gun towards where the pair were firing from and loosing a few bullets to cover before trying to dash for the shadows. Before I can get to the shadow, another arrow lands beside me, but instead of just blowing it, let's off a ridiculous blaze of light stunning me for a moment even after shielding my eyes from it. Slightly blinded, I try to stumble out when I see a small girl looking terrified between me and where the arrow had been set off, and before I could process what I was doing, I had shoved her behind the wall taking the incoming bullet head on.

Well shit, this whole job just went tits up. Why did I protect some random fuckin kid? Too late to worry about it now--

Another bullet slammed into my back. This bullet felt different, though. It expanded, sending out a strong sedative and an electric pulse. I can't afford to fail this, so I try to keep running tossing the kid a bandage just in case even as I fight the sedative and ignore the tazing effect of the bullet. Running as hard and as fast as my feet can take me, I round another corner using a nearby wall to jump and flip away from another round and arrow.

Those last rounds were way too close. I must be losing too much blood-

I pause jamming gauze into the hole, hoping to stop the bleeding

-those two are getting closer. I can't keep this up for much longer, not in this state. Can I make it to the extraction? Is there a damn spot I can hide in for a minute-

Another round of fire interrupts my thoughts, making me bolt away again and shout, "FUCK!" What's worse I can hear the two shout to each other not too far from where I am running and I overhear the woman.