Ch. 9- What In The Actual...

Y/n POV:

"Why the hell were you letting me run around in HER jacket!? This whole time, I thought it was yours!!" I said, snapping at the brunette.

"Y/n, come on, it's not that big a deal. I sort of borrowed it a while back and just didn't give it back. I honestly didn't think it mattered or would even blow up like this." She sighed, looking at me with something like reproach. "I hope this whole arguing thing you two have going back and forth doesn't last forever."

I was about to snark back when some weird red guy literally came through the wall of her bedroom, making me jump.

"Hey, what the fuck?!"

"Apologies Miss Maximoff, I was unaware you had company..." the red things voice was even creepier, like a cross between a robot and an anamatronic.

"Vision, I told you to stop just coming through my walls. I have a door for a reason." She looked at him flatly, very clearly not amused then back to me, "Y/n, this is Vision." Then she gestured to the freaky red guy who inclined his head in greeting.

"Lovely. Not to be rude, but what in the 9 hells are you?" Jumping straight to the point.

"Ah, another one. You are as blunt as Miss Romanoff is, I see...I am a sentient A.I. that was given life by an infinity stone in my head, although I suppose living android is the closest to being a correct description." He tapped the bright yellow stone in his head for emphasis.

Wanda looked between him and me quickly speaking up before I could, "What did you want, Vision? You phased through my walls, obviously you wanted SOMETHING, so what was it?"

He looked at me for a few lingering moments with his weird droid gaze a touch longer than I wanted before he flicked his gaze over to her again. For a brief instant, it looked like they might be talking without actually talking, which was weird and almost like I was third-wheeling a secret conversation, but then the man-bot-thing spoke up again.

"I came to ask if you would like to cook dinner with me? It has been a while since we have spent time together." The strangely earnest look on his face really got under my skin for some reason. It was annoying me. Whatever was happening, I was hating every second of it. Wanda seemed totally oblivious to that, though, as she was nodding and smiling at him.

"Yeah, of course, Vis, I don't mind. Y/n did you want to help us? It would get you out of the room for a bit and maybe get you a bit more used to being around us. It looks like you're going to be staying with the Avengers for a while..." Trailing off, her gaze looked almost....hopeful?

Okay, what is even happening here? Are these two a thing? It sure as hell looks like it, but better question WHY THE HELL DO I CARE?? Why does she have to look so cute with her nose scrunching like that? What the actual fuck is going on here??? Ughhhh screw it.

"Yeah, for sure. I mean, if I don't, I am pretty much stuck here or in the guest room locked in like an animal, right? Might as well pretend to be free for a bit."

For a second, she looked hurt by what I'd said, and I regretted wording it the way I had. She seemed to shake it off though and looked at the time then back to the droid who seemed to be literally hovering, "I will see you in the kitchen in an hour, okay?"

"Of course, Miss Maximoff." Sparing one last lingering look at her that she didn't seem to notice he floated out through the door, leaving us alone again.

Breaking the silence, "That was really weird, but I guess at least he used the door this time. Is he a he or an it or...I don't know what to call him..."

Wanda started laughing at that, and man, was it a cute laugh. You really can't find another sound that's both that sweet and that honest at the same time, and if you try saying otherwise, you're lying. "He. He is definitely a he.."