CHAPTER 2

You sat on your couch, looking out the window of your quaint but luxurious apartment while drinking tea. It was a relaxing and somber day, the kind of weather where it was perfect to stay inside and enjoy the view and the silence, not too sunny but not too cloudy either.

You were currently on a break from work, a vacation of sorts. You work as a professional director, usually for music videos but you've had the occasional honor of directing scenes for movies and shows, but you've taken a bit of a break; It has nothing to do with stress or overworking or disliking the job, quite the opposite actually; you were taking a break because the bands and companies you usually direct for are all slowing down on work, taking hiatuses or such. It was quite fortunate really. You only work with the best of the best and would rather take a break than work on projects you'd rather not do. Was it selfish? Maybe. But you had standards as a professional. Plus, a little time alone wasn't bad.

You had put your half-empty cup down on the coffee table in front of you, pulling your phone out of your pocket. Social media was your go-to place to see what was going on, mostly gossip. 'Evelynn spotted last night at Eclipse Nightclub with an unknown man', 'Kai'Sa posts photos from Dubai?! K/DA broke up?!', 'Kayn kicked from his latest band, fans devastated!', 'True Damage teases new song! Click here to read more!'. Classic internet clickbait.

Scrolling more, you see posts from your friends, pictures of travel, working on projects, cute selfies, etc. You pause over a photo of Ezreal, he looked different, with jade green hair instead of the blonde you had grown accustomed to during your time with him but he looked happy as always, a smile creeping its way onto your lips. You and Ezreal grew quite close during the development of his 'One Hit Wonder' though that was quite some time ago now. He himself was a wonder to be around, always bubbly and socialite. You questioned if he was particularly close with just you or if he was just that close with everyone. Of course, you wouldn't be surprised, he always had a way into people's hearts But it wasn't surprising when he and his song got popular so quickly. The two of you had lost contact a while ago. You were busy with work and he was busy with his own things. It wasn't uncommon for him to cross your mind, you had always wanted to get back into contact with him again but you just couldn't think of the right way to do it.

About as you were going to put your phone away and continue with your drink you felt it buzz. 'A text? From who?' Almost as if the universe had read your mind, there on your screen was a text from the 'Prince of Pop' himself!

EZ💚
Hey! Long time no see! How are you doing?

Your heart skipped a beat. This was so sudden, why now of all times to message you? When you were just thinking about him too. You shook those thoughts aside and hurriedly opened your phone and clicked on his contact

====================

(Y/N)🎬
Ezreal? Hey, what's up!

(Y/N)🎬
I'm doing well. How about you?

EZ💚
😊

EZ💚
I'm doing great right now!

(Y/N)🎬
Is there something you need?

EZ💚
Well kinda but that's another thing i'll talk about in a bit!

EZ💚
I'm just really excited you responded so quickly 😊

(Y/N)🎬
What, you miss me or something?

EZ💚 is typing •••