CHAPTER 7

The sound of an alarm filled the room, that annoying sound that many dread, waking up the tired Yone. He hadn't had the best rest as he didn't get to bed until 1AM, far from his usual bedtime of 10 to 11PM, however last night was a special case where he was too restless to sleep so he decided to make himself some tea. When he went downstairs he found Kayn's unfinished dishes, then not long after you showed up and helped him. The tea he had planned to make was completely forgotten. He was annoyed with himself for letting you help him, and annoyed that the dishes needed to be done in the first place. You were a guest and it wasn't your job to clean up their mess. Kayn's mess.

Yone groaned, flipping over in his bed, considering sleeping in but deciding against it. Things needed to be done and not everyone was competent enough to do it. The tired man slowly sat up against the headboard, his hair messily falling over his face, grabbing his phone and turning off his alarm. It was currently 6:01AM, meaning he only had around 5 hours of sleep. He supposed he'd have to survive off of cold brew for the day. Not that he was entirely against the idea but he preferred being well rested.

The start of Yone's mornings were almost always: brushing teeth, getting changed into athletic gear, pouring himself some cold brew, eating a light breakfast, going out for a morning jog, showering, and then starting work on whatever he needed to do for the day, and today wasn't going to be any different.

By 6:20 Yone had finished most of his morning routine and now it was time for his jog. Yone's jogs are usually a time for him to zone out and relax while listening to music. But today wasn't as relaxing. He wasn't sure if it was the lack of sleep but thoughts of you from the night before nagged his mind, nothing big, just the little things. Like how your hair fell against your face, how the water ran off your fingers, or how persistent you were. While the thoughts made him smile he was also concerned, he didn't usually think like this, It wasn't like him to be so distracted over someone. And it especially wasn't like him to be so friendly and open with someone he had just met like he was the night before, he was usually more reserved. Maybe it had to do with how tired he was or maybe it was because of the connection you had with his younger brother. He hated it.

When Yone got back from his run it was just past 7:00 and both K'sante and Sett were awake and in the kitchen making coffee. He wiped the sweat off his face with a towel he kept around his neck during the jog and walked past the two boys who were chatting between themselves and went straight to the fridge to get himself a cold bottle of water.

"Good morning, Yone!" K'Sante beamed, far more awake than the half Vastayan beside him.

Sett yawned, waving lazily at Yone, grumbling out a tired " G'morning...".

Yone muttered back a quick "Good morning." before making his way upstairs where he was surprised to see Ezreal leaving his room.

Ezreal often slept in, the rest of the boys called it his "beauty sleep" so it was a surprise to see him awake roughly 2 hours before he usually woke up. Aside from that, he looked alert and excited, not something that was common for the boy after waking up.

Yone stopped just before his door watching the boy bounce down the hallway. "Ezreal? What are you doing up so early?" Yone called out, stopping the green haired boy in his tracks.

"Oh! Good morning, Yone!" Ezreal replied walking towards the confused white haired man. "I was just about to go and wake up (Y/N) so we could hang out!"

Yone grumbled at the boy, unamused with his answer. "Let her sleep in. She had a long day." Yone began, walking into his room. "We were up pretty late last night." he muttered out the last bit, closing his door behind him.

Ezreal was too shocked to move. What did he mean by that last part? You and Yone stayed up late together? Did that mean that you two... The boy was mortified at the thought. Surely that wasn't what he meant! Even if it was true Yone wasn't the kind of person to say something like that so carelessly!