CHAPTER 4

You still couldn't believe what Ezreal had pulled you into. Not only did you agree to direct for Ezreal's new band, but you had also agreed to fly across the country to stay with them. One of his band members had bought you a one way ticket to LA for the next day. You had to quickly gather all your necessities before hailing the closest taxi to the airport and you were out of the state in less than 24 hours, but it was so difficult to say no. Thinking back on it now, you should have said no. You were far too tired after your rushed trip. But you were in LA now making your way through the airport. So much happening so quickly and on your break too. You thought that maybe you could ask Ez to stop and get some coffee but it was most likely a bad idea, considering it was quite late at night.

Stepping through the exit gate, you scanned the crowd. Ez said he would be waiting for you but you weren't sure where. Before you could stray too far from the gate you heard your name being called. You scan the crowd once more before spotting him, frantically waving at you. Or you assumed it was him? It was hard to tell. He had a hood over his head with a mask and bright yellow sunglasses on. Like a cliché disguise you'd see in movies. The curse of a celebrity.

You waved back at him, quickening your pace. He, on the other hand, started running towards you. Arms outstretched ready for an embrace. You extend your arms out too, preparing to catch the boy. In seconds he had thrown himself into your arms, wrapping his own tightly around your smaller frame. You giggle at his reaction, as you sway in each other's company. You gently rub his back and enjoy the moment.

"(Y/N)! You're actually here!". His voice, blasting directly into your ears. You winced slightly but it didn't matter. What mattered at the moment was him being in your arms and you in his. You didn't realize how much you had missed the boy. Almost as though years worth of separation had made itself known, or maybe you knew all along.

"Of course I'm here!" You said, your grip on him tightening, "Did you think I wasn't going to show up?"

"No!.... Maybeee... But it was just anxious thinking! I know you'd never ditch me like that!" The two of you parted slightly, still holding onto each other. He looked down at you, his eyes smiling from behind the yellow tinted glass.

"You look silly with that disguise on, Ez." You poked at him teasingly.

"Hey! I think I look really cool!" He giggled, letting go of your figure. He crossed his arms over his chest, feigning offense.

"I bet you'd look alot cooler if I could actually see your face though."

"Then let's hurry up and get to the car!" He grabbed one of your bags in one hand and then your hand in his other. "Come on, I'll show you where we parked."

Grabbing the other bag with your free hand, you didn't want the boy doing your heavy lifting. "I can carry my own luggage ya know!"

He starts pulling you in the direction of the parking lot, through the main gates.

"Yeah I know, but then I wouldn't be able to hold your hand!" He turns his head to look at you, you didn't have to see his face to know he was smiling like a dork. What you didn't see though, was the pink spreading across his cheeks, nor did he notice the pink across yours.

The two of you approach a very expensive looking car. You weren't well versed on different kinds of cars but you could tell it was powerful. The driver's seat window rolled down revealing a very muscular red haired man with animal ears. Cat ears? Dog ears? Fox...? You couldn't quite tell. Next to him in the passenger's seat was a thin, blue haired man wearing a face mask.

"Oi, love birds! You can put the bags in the boot!" The burly man laughed looking down at your entangled fingers. The two of you pull away, looking at anything but each other, faces as red as tomatoes.

"Ahahahaha y-yeah okay!" Ezreal stammered, collecting both your bags and taking them to the back of the car.

You looked over to the two men in the car. You didn't know if it was appropriate to just climb into the back of the car. Should you wait for Ezreal to get in first? Maybe you should ask if it's okay to get in? What if they thought it was rude!? 'Calm down (Y/N), first impressions are important. You got this.' You thought to yourself, taking a moment to breath

You didn't realize how long you had been staring, but the two men did. "Hey, you look like you're about to pass out. You okay?" the red haired man asked, tilting his head to the side a bit, his ears flopping with it. It was... cute... like a puppy.

Snapping back to reality you looked away. "Y-Yeah sorry! I'm just pretty exhausted." It wasn't exactly a lie, you were tired beyond belief and ready to fall asleep at any moment.

"Let's stop by a Starbucks on the way home then!" he announced, grinning, his sharp teeth out on display.

"Yes please!" You exclaimed, practically drooling at the thought of delicious caffeine. The red haired man laughed heartily, leaning his head back, the blue haired man behind him looking amused.

Ezreal had returned to the side of the car with you, opening the door in front of you. "After you, my lady.~" He teased, bowing his head.

"Why thank you, kind sir.~" You tease back, stepping into the car. The inside of the car was much more luxurious than the outside. It was filled with plush, black, leather seats, and decorated with classy stitching and details. The car was mostly dark aside from the brightly colored LEDs illuminating the space under the seats and dashboard.

Ezreal sat down in the seat next to you, taking off his disguise. You wish there was enough light to see his face properly. "Okay, so I think introductions are in order!" He looked over at you then to the two men in the front seats, the car's engine roaring to life. "(Y/N), this is Sett and Aphelios, aka Phel. Sett, Aphelios, this is (Y/N)! Oh, by the way! Aphelios doesn't speak! It's a throat thing."

Aphelios shot a quick glare towards Ez earning a nervous chuckle from the green haired boy.

"Hello," You waved at the two, feeling far more comfortable than you did before, "It's nice to meet you both."

"Haha! Yeah it's great to meet you too!" Sett boomed, Aphelios waving back at you. "Ezreal's told us good things about you!"

"Oh? Have you now, Ez?" You tease the poor boy next to you.

He looked out the window, rubbing the back of his neck. "Well I mean... yeah! You're amazing at what you do." he mumbled with pursed lips.

"He wouldn't shut up about you!" Sett replied, Aphelios nodding in agreement.

"OI!" Ez yelled, kicking the back of Sett's chair which was In front of you, "I did not! Don't listen to them, (Y/N)!"

You giggled, patting Ezreal on the shoulder, "Sure you didn't, buddy"

Setts booming laugh filling the car, you laughing along with him. Even Aphelios looked like he was holding in a laugh. Ezreal on the other hand had crossed his arms over his chest, huffing with puffed up cheeks.