CHAPTER 6

Ezreal pulls you away from Kayn, wrapping an arm loosely on your shoulder. You couldn't see it but Ezreal was staring Kayn down, he didn't like how close Kayn got to you, and he especially didn't like that smirk he gave you. “Come on, let me show you around.” Ez exclaimed, dragging you away from the group.

Without even making it halfway across the room the two of you were quickly stopped. “Woah woah woah! Not without us you aren’t!” Sett chuckled and stood beside you, Aphelios by his side.

“Exactly! You're not the only one who wants to show our guest around, Ezreal.” K’Sante argued, walking up behind you and Ez. “Yone, Kayn, Alune. Come with us!”

“Sure, I've got nothing better to do.” Kayn stated, walking to stand closer to the group.

Yone quickly grabbed Kayns shoulder, “Nope, you're not getting away from this.” Spinning Kayn around to face him, then pointing towards the room Kayn originally walked in from. “You have dishes to finish.” Yone declared, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Yeah Kayn.” Ezreal responded, smirking.

“What? And let everyone else have fun without me?” Kayn huffed, snarling at Ezreal, “I can do the dishes later!” He whined looking over at Yone, pressing his hands together in a pleading motion.

Sett put a hand on Yone’s shoulder. “You're so uptight, Yone! Let him join us if he wants to so badly.”

“He doesn't, he just wants to get out of doing the dishes.” Yone accused, glaring at the man in question.

Kayn gasped, putting his hand over his heart. “I can't believe you don't trust me!”

“I can.” Ezreal butting in exceptionally quickly, earning another snarl from Kayn.

Yone tsk-ed, looking at Sett then back at Kayn. “Do you promise to do the dishes after?” He grumbled, clearly annoyed at the decision he made.

“Yes yes I promise!” Kayn confirmed crossing his heart and putting his hands up in the air defensively.

“Fine then.” Yone spun around quickly and walked towards the group.

“HAHAHA YES!” Kayn cheered, running past him, grabbing your arm and snatching you away from Ezreal’s grasp, quickly running upstairs laughing.

“HEY!” Ezreal shouted, quickly teleporting closer to the two of you, chasing after you, the rest of the group following behind him.

“No abilities in the house, Ezreal!” You heard Yone scold.

You didn't know what to think of the situation, you were shocked, confused and scared. You ran along with Kayn, not that you had much of a choice. His grip on your arm was so tight you were scared he would simply drag you across the floor if you didn't keep up. You could hear the protests of everyone chasing after you, yelling at Kayn to slow down. You looked up at the boy, stunned, as he looked back at you grinning wildly and laughing.

The two of you were running straight towards a door, Kayn showing now signs of slowing down. In a state of panic you tried to peel Kayn’s hand off your arm, he laughed and looked back at you once more before disappearing into a fog of shadow. You on the other hand, barreled into the door at full force, falling onto the floor with a thud.

“Kayn!” Yone scolded a second time.

Ezreal ran up to you, helping you back onto your feet. “Holy crap are you okay?!” Ezreal quickly inspected your body for potential injuries.

“I’m fine Ez, don't worry,” you smiled at the concerned boy, “Just a little dizzy and breathless after all that running.” You puffed out, taking the moment to catch your breath.