A glimpse of us

Hello dear reader, here in this chapter you will finally read some Charles action, have fun!!
════ ⋆★⋆ ════
On Sunday, the race day, [Y/n] woke up way before her friend. She was nervous, but didn't understand why. It's not like Charles would recognize her.

Hundreds of people would be there and his eyes would lay on her? Not possible, not in any universe. Or maybe in one, but surely not this one.

Maybe in the universe where they never stopped being friends, but instead their friendship bloomed into a beautiful, romantic feeling. Yeah, in that universe [Y/n] would be watching the race as a proud girlfriend of Charles Leclerc. Or maybe even something more, she could have as well been Mrs Leclerc by now.

The girl shook her head, as if she was trying to shake these thoughts out of her mind. She lived in the universe where Charles was now a stranger to her. He probably didn't even remember her.

[Y/n] has never been a breakfast kind of person. She felt nauseous if she ate food before her body and mind wake up properly, which usually happened naturally around 10 or 11. But now she decided to help herself wake up and also surprise Skylar, who was still asleep.

Not looking for any extra fancy clothes, the girl put on a white t-shirt and some jeans. She brushed her hair carelessly and made sure her phone was in the pocket of her jeans before leaving the apartment.

Skylar bought the tickets to the grand prix and didn't want any money back, it simply was a gift for [Y/n] to relax. The least [Y/n] could do was buy a coffe for her friend. For the next month, considering the price of the tickets.

There was a place that seemed to be a nice café very close to Skylar's apartment. At least that's what the opinions on Google said and [Y/n] chose to trust them.

The girl's nostrils were immediately blessed by this amazing smell of coffee and baked goods. She loved this smell.

"Good morning, sweetheart, how may I help you?" Was the first words the girl heard before the door even fully closed behind her.

The cashier was a woman and supposedly the owner of this place, who could be around 50 years old. Chubby, average height; with the nicest smile on her face and the voice that could soothe you to sleep in seconds. [Y/n] knew her coffee order will be taken care of just perfectly.

"Hello, I need a moment to think," the girl said, glancing at the menù hanging behind the cashier.

The woman nodded with a smile, "take your time."

"For sure it'll be two coffees to go..." [Y/n] was thinking out loud. Her eyes scanned all the options, she had a hard time deciding. "Hmm, maybe cappuccino. Yes, yes, two cappuccinos."

"Two cappuccinos to go coming your way as soon as possible!" The woman said enthusiastically and began making coffe. "In the meantime I can also offer you something to eat. All the pastries are freshly baked."

The pastries looked indeed fresh and delicious. It would be a shame to come back home with only coffee.

"Give me a second to think." It would be way more than a second.

As the coffee was being made and [Y/n] was making the second decision of great importance, the little bell above the door rang, announcing the arrival of another customer.

A male voice exchanged a few words with the café owner. [Y/n] didn't pay attention to the words, but she somewhat recognized the voice.

A crazy idea crossed her mind. Maybe it wasn't even that crazy nor unrealistic.

Oh my God, she thought when she realized.

She wanted to subtly look at the owner of this familiar voice. It wasn't as subtle as she wished, she turned her head to look at the man.