The girl in New York

Wtf the chapter unpublished by itself??
════ ⋆★⋆ ════
As they settled in their seats, Charles couldn't help but think about the challange ahead of him. And it wasn't the trip in the train. The real challange was to convince [Y/n] to forgive him, give him another chance.

The two teammates sat in their seats with silence  between them. Charles kept thinkng about the small bag from the jewellery store, that was now resting in his backpack. He regretted the choice he made.

 "You know, mate, relationships are like races." Carlos decided to break the silence, noticing the struggle in his mate's eyes. "Sometimes you take a pit stop to fix things, but the important part getting back on track."

"I just hope this doesn't end up with a DNF." 

As the journey progressed, Charles couldn't ignore the worry that lingered. Would [Y/n] be open to hearing him out? Would the ring he bought be a symbol of his apology, or would it complicate the situation? Well, Charles had about 10 hours to contemplate all the possible scenarios. 

"What time is it even gonna be when we arrive?" Carlos asked.

"Like 8 in the morning?" Charles replied. 

"Is [Y/n] going to be home? What do we do if she won't be there? Does she have a job in New York or...? What does she do?"

"I don't know, mammamia, Carlos!"

"What, you've never talked about it with her?"

"I did, she never mentioned having a job." He paused. "If she won't be home we'll just wait."

Carlos noticed his questions might have been a bit annoying to Charles, so he decided to shut up. It seemed like the two friends were going to spent the bigger part of the journey in silence. Soon enough, both of them fell asleep, holding their bag in their laps. 

∘•········ʚ ♡ ɞ ········•∘

It was a sleepless night for [Y/n], but not because she couldn't fall asleep, but because she decided not to. She put on a short black dress, tall heels and got out of her apartment with a little black bag on a subtle golden chain hanging from her shoulder.

She had never partied in a club before, as weird as it may sound. Since she came to New York, she was more focused on studying than the other aspects of a student's life. However, getting drunk in a club after a heartbreak seemed like a thing a lot of characters in TV shows did. 

The dim lights, the dance floor glowing with colorful reflections and the air filled with smell of sweat and alcohol contrasted with the emotional hurricane [Y/n] had been experiencing. Tonight, she wanted to escape into the rhythm of the music, even if only for a few hours.

[Y/n] walked straight to the bar, ordering a drink to ease the nerves. The bass of the music vibrated through her body, creating a temporary distraction from the thoughts of Charles. She knew she made a mistake, she new she jumped to conclusions quickly. She knew she should have confronted Charles about it, but now it was too late to do anything about it.

[Y/n] realized actions had consequences and now she had to deal with hers. Maybe Charles was the love of her life and she ruined everything with a too quick judgement. Or maybe that's what was supposed to happen to prepare [Y/n] for her future love troubles. Maybe Charles was supposed to be just a lesson for her.

After finishing her drink quicker than she should have, a stranger approached. A guy, confident and friendly, invited her to dance. [Y/n] hesitated for a moment, then decided to embrace the spontaneity of the night. She joined the dance floor with him, letting the music guide her movements.