Love hurts

I can't believe I have finally finished this chapter

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

The sun dipped low on the horizon, casting a golden hue over Monaco. Charles and [Y/n] found themselves back in the city, the familiar sights and sounds welcoming them. The light breeze carried a sense of calmness, easing the emotions revealed in Barcelona.

Charles offered [Y/n] to stay at his house, the girl didn't hesitate. Skylar texted her, asking if she'll be staying over at her place, so [Y/n] let her now she's staying with Charles for now. Eventually, she would have to go to her parents' house too, and see them before going back to America. But she didn't worry about it now.

As the couple was getting ready for the dinner with Charles' mother, he himself was up in his thoughts. The events of the race weekend played like a film reel in his mind. A good film, the kind that makes you smile. 

"Feels like a different world, doesn't it?" He asked quietly, rather saying it to himself.

However, [Y/n] replied. "It truly does," she smiled. "Do you need help with the tie?"

"Always," he nodded, handing her the tie. The simple gesture felt so intimate.

 "You know, the race weekend was incredible. Not just the race itself but everything that came with it." She spoke as she adjusted the tie around her boyfriend's neck. "The kiss."

Charles met her gaze, "I'm grateful for these moments, [Y/n]. You've brought something special into my life."

"The feeling is mutual," [Y/n] made the final loop with the tie. "Voilà."

They looked into each other's eyes, [Y/n]'s hands resting on Charles' shoulders. He was captivated by the warmth in [Y/n]'s eyes.

The girl placed a quick peck on Charles' lips, her hands sliding down his arms. The anticipation of the evening ahead hung in the air.

"Are you ready?" [Y/n] asked.

"Yeah," Charles answred, "are you?" He took a moment to look at his girlfriend.

She was wearing a beautiful deep navy blue dress with a v-shaped neckline that added a touch of sophistication. The short sleeves allowed for comfort and a thin matching belt at the waist ephasized [Y/n]'s figure. It wasn't a long dress, reaching [Y/n]'s knees. A perfect balance between elegant and casual.

"Damn, you are." Charles answered his own question with a cheeky smile on his face. 

Hand in hand, they left the room, ready for the evening that awaited them.

∘•········ʚ ♡ ɞ ········•∘

The city's lights began to twinkle, mirroring the stars above. The couple strolled through the streets, savoring the moments in each other's company. The closer they got to the destination, the less they talked. 

Charles didn't feel nervous that his mother might not like his girlfriend, Pascale was the number one supporter of their friendship back in the days, so there was no way she wasn't happy for them now. However, there were things that could go wrong. 

Especially because Charles' brothers were supposed to be there. He didn't expect Lorenzo to say anything embarrassing, he was the smartest as the oldest brother, but Arthur... let's say you could expect anything from Arthur.

[Y/n] did feel nervous. She knew Charles' family, but now she was meeting them as someone 'new', or from a different perspective. They knew her as his friend, now she was showing off the girlfriend side. It's almost like meeting Charles' family for the first time ever.