What are we?

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Time swiftly flowed, carrying [Y/n] and Charles through days of preparation and anticipation. They didn't even pay much attention to the rumours anymore, because no matter what they do or say, people will always talk. In fact, they didn't even see each other that much during that time.

They managed to find some time for one date. Yes, they called it a date, a real one. Even though there was no label on whatever [Y/n] and Charles were, he took her to a fancy restaurant in Monaco. Every time [Y/n] thought about that evening, she felt the butterflies in her stomach. She felt all the emotions with the same force she felt them that day.

The two weeks felt like eternity to [Y/n], but once they've almost passed, it actually seemed like a short period of time. [Y/n] was at her parents' house again, awaiting Charles' arrival. He was supposed to come over for the night, this time it was planned, so they can go to the airport together on the next day.

Thankfully [Y/n] currently had the house to herself since her parents were on vacation. They flew to Sicily for a little bit of time, maybe a week. They had friends there who didn't mind hosting them. Thanks to that, there was no one to embarrass [Y/n] in front of Charles even more than her parents already did.

[Y/n]'s suitcase was in the living room, she had no problem moving it there from her bedroom. The girl was double-checking if she packed everything when suddenly the doorbell rang. She ran to the door, almost tripping over on the way.

"Hey, [Y/n]. Ready for our little spanish adventure?" Charles asked, holding a bouquet of flowers. Red and yellow roses.

[Y/n] smiled, accepting the flowers. "Absolutely. I couldn't wait!"

Charles stepped inside, glancing around. "I hope I'm not intruding. Are your parents okay with me staying over?"

As [Y/n] walked to kitchen to get a vase for the flowers, she kept talking, "They aren't home, actually. They're on vacation." She placed the flowers in a vase, her heart fluttering at the sweet gesture. "I love the flowers, they're beautiful. Thank you, Charlie."

Even if her parents were home, they would never mind Charles staying over, obviously.

"Thought they might add a touch of Spain to the house." He chuckled.

The house, usually filled with the bustling presence of [Y/n]'s parents, now echoed with the warmth of shared moments between two old friends navigating a new chapter in their lives. Friends.

"Would you like some wine?" [Y/n] asked. "We're hitting the road in more than twelve hours," she sent him a smile.

"Sure, why not. I trust your choice of beverage."

"It's the same wine you tried the first time you were here."

"That's just perfect."

As the night progressed, Charles and [Y/n] found themselves on the couch with glasses of wine in their hands. They sat close to each other, their shoulders touching. Such little distance didn't feel awkward, not anymore. They found so much comfort in each other's presence.

As the clock ticked away, [Y/n] noticed a mix of emotions in Charles' eyes - a silent acknowledgment of their relationship entering a new territory. They weren't just reunited friends. [Y/n] had mixed emotions about it.

What are we?, [Y/n] asked herself in her thoughts.

Charles looked at her in a way as if he could read her mind. There was that look in his eyes, that understanding look silently agreeing for whatever was coming their way. But was he okay with having no label? Was 'more than friends' enough for a label?