Rumours

Alright, starting right where we finished! I previously based it on 2022 season, but Azerbaijan is not a very romantic destination in my mind, so I changed it lol I also allow myself to manipulate the results of the races, as you may have noticed, but it's a fanfiction after all

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

The friendly banter continued for a few more minutes, but then they decided it's getting late. Charles walked into [Y/n]'s room and knocked on the slightly ajar door.

"Come in." The girl said. She was sitting on her bed, being on her phone. When she saw Charles, she put the phone down.

"Hey, I was just wondering where the bathroom would be," Charles asked.

"It's just down the hall. I prepared towels for you."

"Thanks." Charles noticed the weird atmosphere. "Everything okay?" He decided to sit down next to the girl.

[Y/n] nodded. "Yeah, I think so. My parents just love to make things awkward."

Did she hear my conversation with the boys?, Charles thought, hoping the answer to that question would be negative.

"Seriously, don't worry about it. I think I told you this before, but it's awkward only if you let yourself feel awkward."

"And you don't feel even a slightly bit awkward?"

"I've been through worse, trust me," a chuckle escaped his mouth, "besides, their behavior is understandable."

"How is that understandable?"

"You're their only kid and a girl, one day you come home with a man who drives a fast car in circles for a living. I can see why they're worried."

"Worried about me?" [Y/n] scoffed. "More like obsessed with you."

"Their obsession comes from fear, a fear of losing you. They're trying to control you, because they can't control their own emotions. Or at least that's what I assume."

[Y/n] stayed silent, having no idea what to say. Charles' words could be correct, he could be right.

"So you got a degree in psychology, I see." The girl joked, trying to walk away from that topic.

"I guess you could say that," Charles laughed, "being a formula one driver teaches you all the necessary skills."

Their eyes locked, sharing a moment of unspoken understanding. The air felt charged with unexpressed emotions as they gazed at each other.

Charles felt a rush of emotions, an unknown feeling placed somewhere in his chest. [Y/n] was clearly something more than a friend and maybe this dinner opened up an opportunity to explore this field.

The girl's gaze held something deeper, a connection that seemed to be above the conversation. The silence between them seemed to speak volumes, hinting at unspoken feelings.

"You have beautiful eyes, did you know that?" Charles asked as one of his hands wandered to [Y/n]'s face.

They were sitting so close, at this point they could breathe each other's breath. One little move forward and their lips would meet.

Charles delicately cupped the girl's face, even in the dim light he could see she was blushing. The girl was undeniably beautiful.

He had suspected as much before, but now he was sure - it felt like fate had conspired to bring them back together. Through this twist of fate, he found himself unexpectedly developing feelings for [Y/n].

While Charles was typically not shy, at that particular moment, words seemed to not come out so easily. But the intimacy of that moment gave him courage to break the silence.