Visiting the future in-laws

[Y/d/n] - your dad's name
[Y/m/n] - your mom's name
Honestly I just imagine the mother as Emily Gilmore in a slightly different font, I read all her sentences in the actress' voice. But you're free to imagine it however you want.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

On the next day [Y/n] felt a mix of nervousness and excitement the closer it was to the time when Charles was supposed to pick her up. She had enjoyed their coffee date and couldn't deny the spark she felt between them. As much as she didn't want to get too attached to him again, it was happening.

Except, it didn't worry the girl. She now understood Charles had matured, he wasn't the same person, he wasn't the boy that abandoned her.

[Y/n] wondered about what her parents will say. She would tell them that Charles dropped her off, no reason to hide it behind a lie. But she didn't think she would invite him inside. It could be a nice gesture, but it could make her parents read too much into it. Meanwhile, after all, Charles was just a friend.

Did [Y/n] hope for more than a friendship? Maybe, but she tried to remind herself the 'date' was just a simply friendly gesture, nothing more.

Although the girl didn't have that much time to ponder over that matter. It was a busy day for her. She really wanted to spend some more time with Skylar, so the girls went on a brunch together and later did some shopping. As if [Y/n]'s suitcase wasn't full enough.

Unfortunately as the afternoon unfolded, Skylar had errands to run, leaving [Y/n] to her own devices. There was nothing left for [Y/n] to do, so she decided to do something nice and clean the apartment a little bit.

When the girl was done with cleaning, she changed her clothes. Thankfully, she picked out an outfit before closing the suitcase, so she didn't have to dig through it now. The outfit was casual but presentable. [Y/n] wore a baby blue blouse with a floral print and triangle cleavage, and a pair white trousers.

She would rather wear a simple t-shirt with a funny print and tracksuit bottoms, but she knew what her mom would say about it. The woman disliked when her daughter dressed like this, in her opinion it was 'lazy' and a real lady should dress elegant even at home.

Just as [Y/n] changed her clothes, she got a text from Charles asking if she needed help with the suitcase. She politely declined, as Skylar's apartment was on the first floor.

[Y/n] put on her white sneakers and with a final glance at herself in the mirror made sure the baby blue blouse was neatly tucked into her white trousers. She tried to envision her mother's disapproving look if she had chosen a more casual 'casual' look - something she would be more comfortable in.

A dash of anxiety washed over [Y/n]'s body, she felt even more nervous than before yesterday's meeting. She assumed it was because she was about to spend almost two hours in a car with Charles, there would be way less personal space than back at the cafe. Regardless she was determined to keep it casual and not read too much into the situation.

There was a gentle knock on the door. [Y/n] peered through the peephole, confirming it was Charles, dressed in a simple yet stylish outfit - a casual T-shirt and jeans. She smiled to herself, appreciating the difference in their style choices.

"I told you I can deal with the suitcase by myself!" She greeted him with a warm smile.

"I'm here only to offer my very professional supervising services, of course. Just to make sure you're doing it right." Charles joked.

His light-hearted comment eased some of the tension that [Y/n] was feeling. She joined in on the laughter, "Alright, supervisor"

"Are we ready to go?"