Chapter 01 | The Hero of the City

The New Hero

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Anya's absence had cast a long shadow over her husband, Gab, and their son, Alex. But Gab was determined to protect his son and carry on Anya's legacy. He knew that Alex was destined for greatness, that he was one of the Celestial Guardians, chosen to safeguard the world.

Gab knew that his son, Alex, was still young and needed a normal life. So, he enrolled Alex in a regular university, University of Elysium, where he could study like any other student.

"Son, keep your powers under wraps," Gab said in a hushed tone. "Those around you aren't like you. Your time to shine will come, but for now, live a normal life."

Alex's brow furrowed. "But why, Dad?"

"Because if people find out about your extraordinary abilities, chaos will ensue. They'll either worship you as a god or fear you as a monster. But neither is what you need. You need to learn to live a normal life, to navigate the world with the same challenges and opportunities as everyone else. That's how you'll grow strong and wise enough to bear the mantle of Celestial Guardian."

Alex nodded slowly, his eyes gleaming with understanding. "I understand, Dad. I'll keep my powers hidden. No more time travel until I'm ready."

Though the Celestial Guardians were revered by the people of Earth, Alex still needed to hide himself for his protection. He studied at the prestigious University of Elysium, blending in with the other students like a ghost in the shadows.

Alex navigated the bustling corridors, his footsteps echoing in the silence. He passed students chatting and laughing, but he felt like a ghost, unseen and unheard. His class was on the second floor, but he had no friends to talk to. His heart sank.

Alex Ash strolled into the classroom, his heart pounding in his chest. He scanned the room, his eyes darting from one student to the next. They were all so... normal. So oblivious to the fact that he was different.

Alex was a Celestial Guardian, a race of beings with extraordinary powers. But in order to protect himself from those who would exploit his abilities, he had to hide his true identity. So he had faked his documents and enrolled at this prestigious university under the name Ash.

Alex took a deep breath and tried to calm his nerves. He had to focus on his studies. He had to blend in.

The professor, a stern-looking man with a bald head and piercing blue eyes, introduced himself. "Welcome to Introduction to Metaphysical Physics," he said. "My name is Professor Cross, and I will be your guide into the fascinating world of the paranormal."

Alex listened intently as Professor Cross lectured on the different types of metaphysical phenomena, from psychic abilities to astral projection to time travel. Alex's mind was racing. He knew that everything Professor Cross was talking about was real. He had experienced it himself.

But he had to be careful. He couldn't let anyone know his secret.

After class, Alex walked out of the classroom and into the crowded hallway. He felt a wave of dizziness wash over him. He stopped and leaned against a wall, his heart pounding in his chest.

What was wrong with him?

Suddenly, he heard a voice in his head.

Alex, it's me.

Alex's eyes widened in shock. He knew that voice. It was his father, the leader of the Celestial Guardians.

I need you to come to headquarters immediately

Alex nodded, his mind racing. What could be so important that his father needed him back at headquarters immediately?

Alex quickly made his way to the library and found a secluded corner. He closed his eyes and concentrated. Within seconds, he disappeared in a flash of light.

At the Headquarters

Alex reappeared in the main hall of the Celestial Guardian headquarters. His father, a tall and imposing figure with silver hair and piercing blue eyes, was waiting for him.

"Alex," he said, "I have a mission for you."

Alex's heart skipped a beat. "What is it, Father?"

"We have received intelligence that a group of rogue Celestial Guardians is planning to attack a nearby human city. We need you to stop them."

Alex nodded grimly. "I'll do it."

"I know you will," his father said. "You're the strongest Celestial Guardian we have."

Alex's father handed him a small device. "This is a prototype teleportation device. It will allow you to travel to the city without being detected."

Alex took the device and tucked it into his pocket. "Thank you, Father."

"May the stars be with you, my son."

Alex turned and walked out of the main hall. He knew that this was a dangerous mission, but he was determined to succeed. He had to protect the innocent.

The City

Alex arrived in the city just as the rogue Celestial Guardians were launching their attack. He teleported to the top of a tall building and watched as the rogue Guardians wreaked havoc below.

Alex knew that he had to act quickly. He closed his eyes and concentrated. His body began to glow with a white light.

When he opened his eyes, he had transformed into his Celestial Guardian form. He was now taller and more muscular, with wings of pure light sprouting from his back.

Alex took a deep breath and launched himself into the air. He swooped down and attacked the rogue Guardians, his fists and feet blazing with energy.

The rogue Guardians were caught off guard. They had never faced a Celestial Guardian before. They quickly realized that they were no match for Alex.

One by one, Alex defeated the rogue Guardians. He sent them flying back to headquarters, where they would be dealt with by his father and the other Celestial Guardians.

When the last rogue Guardian was defeated, Alex landed in the street. The people who had been watching the battle cheered and applauded.

Alex smiled. He had saved the city. He had fulfilled his mission.

Alex transformed back into his human form and teleported back to headquarters. He was exhausted, but he was also filled with a sense of satisfaction. He had proven himself to be a worthy Celestial Guardian.

Alex knew that his journey was just beginning. There were many other threats to the world, both human and otherworldly. But he was ready for them. He would protect the innocent.