Chapter 29 | Fighting for Survival

"I think I underestimated you!" Harold sneered, his voice laced with begrudging admiration.

A confident smile played on Haney's lips as she met Harold's gaze. "Indeed," she replied, her voice filled with determination.

But just as the tension reached its peak, Harold's words took an unexpected turn. "But here is my final weapon," he declared ominously.

A sudden presence interrupted the confrontation, causing everyone to turn their attention towards the newcomer. Alex's eyes widened in disbelief as he recognized the figure before him. "Mom?" he whispered, his voice filled with a mixture of shock and hope.

His mother's face, once warm and loving, now bore a fierce expression filled with hatred. It was a sight that sent a wave of confusion and pain crashing through Alex's heart.

Gab, sensing the turmoil within Alex, stepped forward, his voice steady and reassuring. "Don't believe what you see, Alex," he urged, his eyes locked with his son's . "Don't be deceived by your own eyes. Your mom is the master of light and cannot act against her role as a Celestial Guardian."

Tears welled up in Alex's eyes as he grappled with conflicting emotions. The sight of his mother, consumed by darkness, tore at his soul. But deep down, he knew Gab's words held truth. His mother had dedicated her life to protecting the light, and he couldn't let the illusion before him shatter that belief.

With a heavy heart, Alex made a choice. He chose to trust in the love and strength that his mother had instilled in him. He wiped away his tears, his resolve firm and unwavering.

Harold's smirk faltered as he witnessed the unwavering bond between Alex and Gab. The power of love and trust radiated from their connection, threatening to dismantle his plans.

In that moment, Alex realized that their greatest weapon against the darkness was not physical strength or magical prowess, but the unbreakable bond they shared. With their hearts united, they would stand against any deception and face the challenges that lay ahead.

As the tears dried on his cheeks, Alex's determination burned brighter than ever. He would not let the illusion of his mother's darkness consume him. Instead, he would use his love and belief in her true nature to guide their path and protect the world they held dear.

As Gab and Haney stood their ground, facing the formidable enemy Harold, Alex found himself locked in a heart-wrenching dilemma. His gaze fell upon his transformed mother, her face initially filled with hatred, but now, it softened into an expression of kindness and sorrow.

Torn between his duty as a Celestial Guardian and the love he held for his mother, Alex hesitated, his hand trembling as he held the weapon poised to strike. Confusion clouded his mind as he questioned the reality before him.

"Can you do this to your mom?" his mother's voice quivered, her words cutting through the turmoil within Alex's heart.

"Mom? Is that really you?" Alex's voice trembled with hope and uncertainty.

A single tear escaped his mother's eye as she nodded, her voice filled with love and reassurance. "Yes, my son. It's me," she whispered.

Overwhelmed with emotion, Alex dropped the weapon, his heart yearning for the truth in his mother's words. He rushed towards her, embracing her tightly as tears streamed down his face. In that moment, the world around them faded into insignificance as the bond between mother and son prevailed.

But unbeknownst to Alex, a cruel twist awaited him. As he clung to his mother, seeking solace and safety, her true intentions were revealed. In a shocking turn of events, his supposed mother thrust a dagger into his side, causing him to cry out in agonizing pain.

Betrayal coursed through Alex's veins as he pulled away, his eyes filled with disbelief and anguish. The realization that his trust had been shattered struck him like a thunderbolt. The pain, both physical and emotional, threatened to consume him.

Gab and Haney, witnessing the treachery unfold, rushed to Alex's side, their expressions a mix of shock and fury. They would not let their comrade fall victim to such deceit. With renewed determination, they turned their attention towards the enemy, Harold, their hearts set on avenging Alex's betrayal.

A portal suddenly materialized, engulfing Harold and Anya, Alex's mother, before Gab and Haney could react. They watched in stunned silence as the portal closed, leaving them alone with Alex, who was now gasping for breath, his lifeblood flowing rapidly.

"Dad, I'm sorry!" Alex managed to choke out, his voice strained and weak. The pain radiated through his body, threatening to consume him.

"No, no, no..." Gab's voice trembled with anguish as he knelt beside his son, his hands trembling as he desperately tried to stem the flow of blood. Panic and fear filled his eyes, but he refused to give in to despair.

Haney, her expression a mix of sorrow and determination, placed a comforting hand on Gab's shoulder. They knew that time was of the essence, and they had to act swiftly to save Alex's life.

As Alex closed his eyes, the area fell into a heavy silence. Gab and Haney shared a glance, their hearts heavy with the weight of the situation. They knew that Alex's spirit was strong, and they clung to the hope that he would fight against the darkness that threatened to consume him.

Though the road ahead was uncertain and fraught with challenges, they refused to let despair take hold. With a renewed sense of resolve, Gab and Haney vowed to do whatever it took to keep Alex alive and bring him back from the brink.

"We need to get him to the headquarters," Gab said, his voice choked with emotion as tears continued to flow down his face.

Understanding the urgency of the situation, Haney swiftly activated her teleportation abilities. In an instant, they were transported back to the headquarters, where they could provide Alex with the immediate medical attention he desperately needed.

As they arrived, the atmosphere in the headquarters shifted, the previously bustling energy now replaced with a sense of urgency and concern. The team members, who had been tirelessly working to monitor the enemy and gather information, quickly turned their attention towards Gab, Haney, and the gravely wounded Alex.

Together, they carefully carried Alex to the medical facility, where skilled healers and medical professionals stood ready to provide their expertise. The room buzzed with a mixture of tension and hope as they worked diligently to stabilize Alex's condition.

Gab remained by his son's side, his heart heavy with worry and guilt. He knew that time was of the essence, and he couldn't bear the thought of losing Alex. Haney stood beside him, offering silent support and reassurance, her presence a comforting presence in the midst of the chaos.

The team rallied together, pooling their skills and knowledge to aid in Alex's recovery. Every effort was made to heal his wounds and restore his strength. They refused to let despair take hold, holding onto the belief that Alex's spirit was resilient and his will to survive was strong.