Chapter 8: Saint

A/N: Hello!- it's been a long time! I was sick in October 2 times and this month one time. I am sorry for posting this so so so very late. I sincerely apologise! I hoped you had enjoyed the last chapter. Next year, I will be even busier as my final exam is next year. I hope you guys can continue reading my story. I really appreciate all your support🥺. Hope you enjoy this chapter! 😊

"Lillian, Sebastian! Do not cause any trouble! You must ensure Aeryn's and Arius's safety. As well as yours!"

"That's right, be aware of your surroundings. "

"Yes, we understand." Sebastian and Lillian said in unison seriously.

When the four of them were in the carriage, the four of them meaning Sebastian, Lillian, Aeryn and Arius. They just kept quiet. Arius reading a book, Aeryn resting his head on Arius's shoulder and Lillian and Sebastian just looked out of the window into the sky. Besides the four of them were them were Louis and five other guards.

The five other guards were specially trained by Louis and Damien themselves. The five of them could have position of Louis if they were a little bit stronger and had the abilities that Louis has.

Anyways, you might be wondering why Sebastian and Lillian were following along when it when just supposed to be just Aeryn and Arius going. Sebastian and Lillian had wanted to protect Arius by accompanying them. They had convinced Damien to let them go. Damien had surprisingly agreed as they had both finished the training for the week and because he also didn't want Arius to be just left alone in the carriage with Aeryn.
( A/N: So that they don't do anything sus, if you know what I mean 🤭😏.)

On the other hand, Arius who was pretending to be reading a book was extremely nervous. His was worried. What if he was figured out. What would they do if they knew he was not the real Arius? Cold sweat began dripping down Arius's forehead.

"Arius. What's wrong?"

"Ah!-... Aeryn, I'm just a bit nervous. The nerves must be getting into me.

"Arius. It's alright. I'm here. Just stay close to me. I'll protect you like always." Aeryn smiled.

"We're almost there." Sebastian said softly.

"Sigh... When will you get over it? It's been many years."

"What do you mean?" Arius asked curiously.

"It's nothing Arius."

"Yep, just trust Lillian."

"Alright-.."

When they had arrived at the temple, the four of them looked out of the window to see loads of Carriges and commoners entering in and out of the temple.

"It's as big as always...."

The temple was a sacred place when people could come and pray to Mother Iris Better known as Goddess Astraea. She was the first person who protected the kingdom, rain or shine. No matter what, she would always look out for her kingdom.

"We've arrived."

The four of them got down of the carriage and were greeted with just a low class priest waiting for them.

"Welcome to the temple. Please follow me, the high priest is waiting for us."

The four of them including the knights followed the low class priest inside. Everything was huge and luxurious. There were different doors leading to the temple.

"Here is the main hall. Shall we-"

"Enough with the formalities, let's just get it over with."

"Yes, of course."