Chapter 9: Debut and ...

No One POV:

A few months after the incident with Arius, the King had sent letters urging the duke to bring Arius to the palace. However, the duke pissed off at King finally decided to reject the royal order. Afterwards, the King had stopped sending letters.

Meanwhile, the duke's whole manor was in chaos trying to prepare for Aeryn's and Arius' debutant. However there was just one problem. Arius was just too lazy to get out of bed and he was sleepy. So they had to plan a plan just to get Arius up. Before Breakfast, Marcus had made Arius wake up and got him dressed. A couple of steps before the door, the servants and tailor came inside the room and surrounded him.

"This plan is quite excellent...."

The servants laughed a little and got back to work in helping the tailor measure Arius's arms, legs, waist and etc. Once they had gotten Arius's measurements, they had left him alone and got straight back to work.

"Seriously..."Arius muttered to himself softly.

Like usual, Arius started his daily routine. Going down for breakfast then going to the garden to take a nap. Upon waking up from his nap he would lunch with his family and tea with Aeryn. And of course going back to sleep until dinner. However today his schedule was going to change.

"Arius."

"Yes mother?"

"I've noticed you've been staying at home a lot and it's getting quite worrying. You are not making any friends at all."

"Ah.."

'Oh god she noticed.'

"Your mother is right. At your age you should be having fun. You should enjoy going out as you only have a few more years left of freedom."

"What do you mean father?...."

"Honey!This was meant to be said after your debut but your father blurted it out!-"

"My apologies dear... However what I meant is that you will be going to the Strass Academy with Aeryn after your debut."

"That's why I wanted to bring you out to at least get you to be a little social."

"I see.. Alright. I'll go out with you. I actually want to buy something."

"Really? That's great! Aeryn dear, you should come too!" Lilith smiled and squealed in excitement.

.

.

.

.

.

"The music store?"

"Mhm."

"You never told me you loved instruments Arius! How could hide this from your mother! I'm heartbroken!" Lilith said sarcastically.

"Hehe, I'm sorry mother." Arius chuckled softly at his mother's words.

"Duchess..."

"Hm? I see.. Arius darling, why don't you and Aeryn head inside first?"

"Alright."Arius replied nodding his head.

After they went inside they saw a bunch of instruments, the piano, flutes and the guitar. However the instrument he wanted was none of those things. It was the violin he wanted. Seeing as there were no violins, he headed towards the shopkeeper asking if there were any violins in stock.

"Ah! Yes we do sell violins here, however we've put them in the back as people were not buying them due to the price the cost."

Arius was quite surprised, didn't pianos cost more than the violin? How could the price of a violin be higher than the piano.