Chapter 10:The Monstrous Prince

The cold air surrounded everything, soft whispers could be heard from the hall. The
Monstrous Prince, Claude Strass Albertine. He was the ML of the novel 'The World Is Cruel'.

When he had entered the hall, he shocked many people as they thought that the second prince would be the one coming instead of the Crown Prince. Due to his curse everyone treated him like a monster giving him the name, 'The Monstrous Prince'. However no one dared defied him as he was still regarded an important part of the Empire.

"Why is the Crown Prince here instead of the Second Prince?-..." The Crown Prince glared at the nobleman.

"Eek!"

"Your Highness, it's a great honor to have you hear at my son's birthday,"

"Indeed. My father asked me to give this to your son as a present and to give you this letter,"

"I'm sorry if this is about my son being a Saint then I will not accept it,"

"Don't worry. It's not about that,"

"...Alright then. Let me introduce my children. One of them, who is celebrating his birthday today is about your age, but younger than you,"

"That would be great thank you,"The Crown Prince said in a rather monotone expression.

"Sebastian, Lillian, Arius. Come here for a second." Damien hollered for his children.

'Arius?-..' The Crown Prince thought for awhile, thinking of the boy he had met a week ago.

"This is the Crown Prince. Do show some respect to him,"

"Yes father," The trio replied in unison.

"I shall head off to entertain the other guest. Do try not the get into a fight Sebastian," Damien said the last part in a very low voice.

After Damien had left, things had got very tense and awkward between the four of them. However Arius finally stepped in and started talking.

"Your highness why don't you get some desserts or go to the balcony? I assure you that our Chef makes the best food ever. And if you go to the balcony you will get to see an amazing view of the Empire. After all, the dance will not start until the clock strikes nine,"

"I see. Then I shall take up your offer on going to the balcony,"

"Excellent, I shall lead you there," Arius smiled.

"Arius!-.."

"Brother, remember what father said??"

"Fuck-....ouch!-.." Sebastian got hit by Lillian.

—————

"We're here at the balcony Cecillion. Or should I say Your highness?"

"..."

"..."

"Was it that obvious?"

"Mhm,"

"I didn't expect us to meet like this. Not as the Crown Prince,"

"Me too. I didn't want us to meet like this either,"

"How did you recognise me? Was it my mask?"

"Your curse,"

"Ah,"

The two looked at the beautiful landscape in front of them, enjoying the cool gust of wind. Finally Arius broke the silence by asking the Crown Prince how he had gotten his curse. However Arius already knew how the Crown Prince had gotten his curse but asked him anyways as he had wanted to break the awkward silence between them. Looking at Arius, the Crown Prince hesitated and was reluctant to share as it was a thing that he hated sharing to others. However, despite that, the crown prince still decided to share about it as he was comfortable enough to share it with Arius.