Case 2;Family Murder-Chapter 1:

Frank received a call in the middle of the night, alerting him to an apparent murder at an elegant mansion on the outskirts of the city. The victim turned out to be John Edwards, the son of the influential businessman Johan Edwards. The scene was shrouded in secrecy and tension, and Frank arrived prepared for whatever he might find.

Upon reaching the mansion, Frank went through all security protocols, which included skeptical glances from the officers at the entrance. However, Commissioner Douglas accompanied him and vouched for Frank's presence at the scene. It wasn't the first time they had worked together, and the commissioner knew that the private detective had an exceptional ability to unravel the most intricate crimes.

The mansion was a hive of frenetic activity, with officers collecting evidence, interviewing witnesses, and scouring the house. Frank approached Commissioner Douglas, who briefed him on the situation.

"We have a gunshot wound to the victim's chest," Commissioner Douglas reported, showing a hint of impatience.

Frank leaned in to examine John Edwards' body closely. He studied the gunshot and chest wound meticulously, while his analytical mind raced. Then, he stood up and walked over to a small metal figurine on a nearby table.

"This is not what it seems, Commissioner," Frank said confidently, pointing out a small dent in the figurine.

Douglas looked at him skeptically. "What do you mean, Frank?"

"This gunshot, Commissioner, is just a distraction. A ruse to make everyone think this is a cold-blooded murder. But in reality, this is a crime of passion, impulsive and spontaneous."

Commissioner Douglas raised an eyebrow, intrigued by Frank's assertion. The private detective had shown his prowess in numerous previous cases, so Douglas decided to give him the chance to explain his reasoning.

"Go on, Frank. What makes you think that?"

Frank looked back at the scene and pointed out some details that had gone unnoticed by others.

"The figurine, Commissioner. If someone were planning a murder, they wouldn't bring such an incriminating piece with them. But this dent in the figurine proves it was taken hastily, in a moment of impulse. Moreover, there are no signs of a struggle in the room. The victim and the killer knew each other and trusted one another. All of this points to a close relationship, possibly a romantic one."

Douglas nodded, starting to see the logic in Frank's reasoning.

"And who do you think the killer is?"

Frank crossed his arms and looked at the figurine.

"That's something we need to find out, Commissioner. But I'm sure this is not the typical scene of a premeditated murder. There are emotions involved here, overflowing passion, and a tragic twist of fate."

Frank moved through the crime scene with an unusual level of seriousness, his hands behind his back, and a meticulous gaze in his eyes. He methodically scrutinized every nook and cranny, leaving nothing to chance.

His methodical and thorough approach earned him curious comments from the police officers who watched his peculiar method. However, Frank remained focused on the task at hand, undistracted by the observations of others.

Frank continued his inspection of the mansion, carefully examining every corner for clues that might shed light on the murder. However, suddenly, he stopped and turned toward a young woman who was watching him from a corner with tears in her eyes. She was Eva Edwards, the victim's sister.

With his characteristic calm, Frank approached Eva and introduced himself.

"I'm Frank Hughes, a private detective. I'm very sorry for what happened. Can I ask you some questions?"