Case 2;Family Murder-Chapter 3:

Frank and Lily left the interrogation room, and as Frank closed the door, his phone rang. It was Commissioner Douglas reporting some irregularities in the bank accounts of Johan Edwards, the victim's father.

Frank nodded with seriousness during the call and finally hung up. Then he turned to Lily.

"We need to go back to Johan's company. It seems we've found something important. But first, I need you to do something for me."

Lily looked at him expectantly.

"What do you need, Frank?"

"I need you to release the employee. I don't consider him a suspect at the moment. There are other leads we need to follow. It's crucial that we act quickly."

Lily appeared visibly surprised and somewhat taken aback.

"But, Frank, he was one of the most suspicious people at the crime scene. Are you sure about this?"

Frank calmly nodded.

"Trust me, Lily. Sometimes, appearances can be deceiving. Now, go and make sure he's released."

Lily nodded, although she still seemed a bit confused by Frank's decision. She walked away to carry out his request while he mentally prepared for the next step of the investigation.

Frank and Lily arrived at Johan Edwards' mansion, where they were greeted by several maids who, at first, appeared surprised and hesitant to let them in. Lily felt nervous about entering without a prior call or order, but Frank had a plan in mind.

"Excuse us, ladies, but we need to speak with Mr. Edwards urgently. It's a matter of extreme importance," Frank began with his calm and persuasive voice.

However, the maids continued to refuse entry, insisting that Mr. Edwards did not wish to receive visitors.

Frank decided to change his approach. He approached one of the maids, maintaining eye contact and a charming smile.

"I understand you're following Mr. Edwards' orders, but I assure you this matter is crucial. We'd like to avoid unnecessary trouble and maintain discretion. We're here to help, and a brief conversation with your employer could resolve everything quickly."

Under the influence of Frank's persuasion, the maid began to waver. The other two watched the conversation attentively. Frank continued:

"Furthermore, I'm sure Mr. Edwards would appreciate us being allowed in. After all, we're his guests, and we're sure he wouldn't want his reputation tarnished by denying the police entry."

Finally, one of the maids, apparently convinced by Frank's words, took a step back and allowed them to enter. Frank thanked her with a smile, and they entered the mansion.

Lily remained nervous about the unconventional tactic but followed Frank as they made their way to Johan Edwards' office.

Frank walked with determination through the halls of Johan Edwards' imposing mansion, closely followed by Lily. Despite the intrusion, the maids allowed them to proceed. Frank seemed to know the place better than anyone, as if it were his own home. He ignored one maid's offer to guide him to Johan and went directly to the businessman's office.

The billionaire received them with a look of annoyance, but he seemed to recognize Frank from the previous interrogation. Johan, seated behind his large desk, inquired about any progress in the investigation into his son's death. However, Frank appeared disinterested in answering that question. Instead, he moved with a confidence bordering on arrogance. Ignoring the guest chair, he sat on the man's desk without asking permission and took a cup of tea from the desk. Johan watched him with incredulity.