Case 3;Family Envy -Chapter 1

Frank arrived at the crime scene with his usual seriousness and focus. The middle-class house, illuminated by the cold Christmas day, stood before him. The commissioner approached to provide him with the case details.

"Frank, we've found the victim, Ava Bell, murdered in her own home. Her father, Paul Bell, was the one who discovered her in the basement, about seven hours after reporting her disappearance."

Frank nodded and listened attentively. The commissioner's words added to the facts he could observe as he approached the corpse. Frank's ever-vigilant eyes focused on the crime scene.

The autopsy report provided details about the cause of Ava's death. Officially, it was considered "asphyxiation by strangulation associated with cranial trauma." But Frank knew there was more to it.

He leaned in to examine Ava's body, scrutinizing every mark and sign in detail. He noticed slight marks on her neck in addition to those of strangulation. His analytical mind began to work, generating hypotheses and potential scenarios.

After examining the body, Frank turned to the photographs of Ava in the room. Something caught his attention: her necklace, which she always wore, was missing. It was not an insignificant detail, and Frank made sure to mentally note this omission.

But what caught his attention even more were the almost imperceptible mud marks on the floor. He knelt down to study them closely, examining the shoe sole patterns. His prodigious memory helped him match these marks with different types of footwear.

With the commissioner by his side, Frank turned to him and spoke in a calm and precise tone.

"The mud marks we found, Commissioner, do not match the soles of any police officer who has been here. Each officer has a specific sole pattern on their boots or shoes, and none of them corresponds to what we see here."

The commissioner was intrigued by Frank's observation.

"What are you suggesting, Frank?"

"It could be evidence that someone else was at the crime scene, besides the family. And it's not a police officer."

Frank began to construct a psychological profile of the potential perpetrator. The shoe sole marks fit the image forming in his mind. But he knew he needed more information before arriving at a solid conclusion.

The commissioner nodded, realizing he trusted Frank's analytical skills.

"Keep a record of everything you notice, Frank. Any detail could be crucial."

Frank walked with the commissioner toward the room where the victim's family awaited them. As they advanced down the hallway, Frank used the opportunity to ask questions, gather information, and observe any signs or details that might be relevant to the case.

"Commissioner, was there any sign of forced entry into the house?" Frank asked while maintaining his serious expression and calm voice.

"No, Frank, we didn't find any signs of forced entry. It seems the killer had access to the house in some way," the commissioner replied.

Frank nodded and continued to ask general questions about the family. He was interested in getting to know the family members and their dynamics to better understand the situation.

"Tell me, what is the Bell family like?" he asked in a friendly tone.

The commissioner provided basic information about the parents and their two children, focusing on the younger son, who had been in a wheelchair for years due to waist-down paralysis. Frank mentally registered this information and continued on to the room.