Case 2;Family Murder-Chapter 3:

The interrogation of David Ross took place in a small room at the company. Frank and Lily sat across from him, trying to maintain a relaxed atmosphere to make David feel comfortable.

Frank began with a friendly smile.

"David, we know you worked closely with John Edwards. Can you tell us a bit about your relationship with him?"

David seemed somewhat uncomfortable but answered.

"Well, yes, John and I worked on projects together. He was my superior, but we had a good working relationship."

Frank nodded, as if he were simply interested in obtaining information.

"I understand. Was there any workplace rivalry? Sometimes, competition for important positions can create tensions."

David seemed a bit surprised by the question.

"No, not really. Both of us had our responsibilities, and we worked well together."

Frank shifted his focus.

"And what can you tell us about his personal life? Did you know if John had any enemies or someone who might want to harm him?"

David furrowed his brow, thinking about the question.

"Not that I know of. John was a nice guy. He didn't talk much about his personal life, but he didn't seem to have problems with anyone."

Frank tried to press a bit more but didn't seem to get any revealing answers. Finally, he decided to change his approach.

"Well, thank you for your cooperation, David. If you remember anything that might be relevant to the case, don't hesitate to reach out to us."

David nodded, and Frank and Lily left. Back at the police station, Frank felt frustrated. It seemed that the interrogation of David Ross hadn't provided any solid leads about the murder of John Edwards.

Frank leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes. He needed a break before continuing the investigation.

Frank was sound asleep on the station's couch. He had spent most of the night investigating and analyzing evidence, and exhaustion had finally caught up with him. He was in the middle of a dream when he suddenly felt a rough shake and jolted awake. Lily was looking at him with a serious expression.

"Why didn't you go to school today?" she asked curiously.

Frank yawned and settled back into the couch before responding in a relaxed tone.

"I didn't feel like it. What's up?"

Lily continued the conversation as if it were no big deal.

"I just thought it was strange that you didn't go to school. Are you okay?"

Frank nodded and rubbed his eyes.

"I'm fine; I just needed some rest. Thanks for worrying."

Lily nodded and continued.

"While we were searching John Edwards' office, we found a note. It was in a drawer, hidden. It said something like 'I'm sorry.'"

Frank's expression suddenly changed, and a mischievous smile appeared on his face. He got up from the couch with determination.

"I have a plan. Lily, let Johan Edwards know that we're going to his company again, and he should gather all his employees."

Frank and Lily were in a meeting room filled with employees from Johan Edwards' company. All eyes were on Frank, who had climbed onto a bench to get everyone's attention.

"I appreciate all of your cooperation," Frank said with a confident and clear voice while maintaining a smile on his face. Some employees looked curious, while others seemed a bit perplexed.

One of the employees couldn't contain their curiosity and asked out loud, "What are you doing?"

Frank made a dramatic pause before answering.

"We found a note in John Edwards' office, the victim in our case. This note. But what's interesting is that we know that handwriting can reveal a lot about a person. That's why we've brought Lily here, the best graphologist in the country."

Frank pointed to Lily with a gesture of admiration, even though he didn't actually know if she was the best.

"Now, I'll ask you all for a small favor. I want each of you to write the following sentence with both hands: 'I am John's killer.' It's just a standard procedure in our investigations, so don't worry."

Silence fell over the room as the employees processed Frank's unusual request. While some began to write the sentence, one employee suddenly collapsed. Frank watched the scene with a mischievous smile and muttered to himself:

"Bingo."

Tension in the room increased as people realized the employee's reaction. There was something darker hidden in the secrets of Johan Edwards' company, and Frank was determined to uncover it.

The unconscious employee was handcuffed to a chair, and Frank and Lily waited calmly for him to regain consciousness. Eventually, the man woke up, looking confused and disoriented. Frank approached him, adopting a calm and friendly expression.

"Hello, buddy, how are you feeling?" Frank asked with feigned concern.

The employee, still somewhat dazed, replied, "I don't know... what happened?"

"Don't worry, you just had a little fainting spell. You're okay now. But we need to talk to you about your relationship with John Edwards. Can you help us with that?"

The man nodded, still feeling a bit dazed.

"We know you had an argument with John a while ago. Do you remember that?"

The employee looked confused but finally nodded again.

"Yes, we had a fight, but it didn't escalate."

Frank smiled amiably, but his words had a manipulative undertone.

"That's what we wanted to hear. Sometimes, these things can get complicated in our minds, and we wanted to make sure you're telling the truth. You're not in trouble, my friend. We're here to understand what really happened."

The man nodded with gratitude, relieved that Frank was reassuring him. Frank continued his interrogation, using the cold reading technique to gather more information.

"I understand that arguments can be challenging. And if I recall correctly, you wrote an apology note to John, didn't you? That shows that you're a responsible and mature person."

The employee nodded, apparently relieved that Frank understood his point of view.

"Yes, I wrote the note. I didn't want the fight to affect our work together. It was the right thing to do."

Frank nodded with approval, as if he had uncovered the truth.

"Of course, I understand. Communication is key in any relationship. Thanks for being honest with us."

Feeling reassured that he wasn't in trouble and that Frank understood his perspective, the employee admitted to writing the apology note.