Frank's Past - Chapter 2

Life in the orphanage continued, marked by a constant routine of studies, exercises, and occasional interaction with other children. Frank had returned to his usual apathy, with certain notable exceptions, such as Sarah.

The days passed predictably. After regular classes, Frank and Sarah would spend time together in the small play area of the orphanage. There, they shared their favorite activities, like playing cards or chess. Sarah had been one of the few people who could break through Frank's emotional barriers.

"Come on, Frank, play with me," Sarah would say with a smile.

Frank would nod and take his place in front of the chessboard. Although his face still bore his typical apathetic expression, his eyes revealed a spark of excitement. Sarah had taught him to enjoy friendly competition and appreciate camaraderie.

During those afternoons, Frank and Sarah also shared readings from books. Although Frank always preferred texts on science or mathematics, he would read novels and stories to please his friend. Sitting together, sometimes in silence, sometimes discussing the details of what they were reading, they created a world of their own where Frank's apathy faded, replaced by a genuine connection.

"What do you think, Frank? Did you like the ending?" Sarah would ask after finishing a book.

Frank would think for a moment before responding in his characteristic detached tone, "It was a suitable ending for the story."

Sarah would smile, knowing she had drawn a response from her friend that expressed more emotion than his unemotional voice suggested.

Their shared moments with Sarah also included long conversations about the world, life, and the future. Despite their differences, they shared a unique outlook on the world. Sarah had a curious spirit and a propensity for empathy, while Frank had a logical and analytical mind.

"Frank, have you ever wondered what the purpose of all this is?" Sarah asked in one of their conversations.

Frank pondered for a moment before responding, "I'm not sure if there's a purpose. Life is a result of biological and chemical processes. It doesn't have inherent meaning."

Sarah looked at him sympathetically. "It's sad to think that way, Frank. We should all have a purpose, something that makes us feel alive."

Frank had no immediate answer, but his conversations with Sarah made him reflect on topics that rarely occupied his mind.

Despite their unique connection, life had a predestined path for Sarah that would change their relationship. On an afternoon of which Frank had no knowledge, Sarah was informed by the caregivers at the orphanage that a family had decided to adopt her.

When she finally understood, Sarah called Frank to talk privately in her room. Her expression was a mixture of excitement and sadness.

"Frank, I have something important to tell you. I'm going to be adopted. I'm leaving in a few days."

Frank listened to her words calmly, but his eyes revealed the internal struggle he was experiencing. His analytical mind told him that it was natural for Sarah to be adopted, but his emotions, though hidden, filled him with melancholy.

"Sarah, that's good for you. Everyone deserves to have a family."

Sarah looked at him, wishing for a more emotional reaction from her friend but knowing that it was unusual to expect such a thing.

"I thought you'd be happy for me, Frank. You're my best friend, and I'll miss you."

Frank nodded and, in his usual calm voice, said, "I wish you the best, Sarah. You'll always be my friend."

The Finderजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें