Case 3;Family Envy -Chapter 1

Frank was in his apartment, absorbed in the deep and complex philosophical book about human nature. The book's pages were filled with words, theories, and concepts that challenged his mind, and he relished every challenge it presented. Reading was his escape, a way to disconnect from the world around him and delve into the depths of human knowledge.

As he read, Frank's thoughts veered toward the complexity of human psychology. What motivates people to act in certain ways? What dark secrets does each individual's mind hide? Philosophy and psychology had become his closest companions in the quest for answers to these questions.

Suddenly, the sound of his phone broke the silence of his apartment. Frank blinked, momentarily emerging from his philosophical trance. Seeing the incoming call from the commissioner, he closed his book and answered with his usual apathetic tone.

"Go ahead, Commissioner."

The commissioner's voice sounded urgent on the other end of the line.

"Frank, we've had a development in the case. We found fingerprints at the crime scene. They match the victim's uncle, John Carver. We need you to interrogate him."

Frank nodded, though he knew the commissioner couldn't see him. His mind was already in work mode, considering the implications of this new information.

"Understood, Commissioner. I'll go immediately."

After hanging up, Frank stood up and headed for the door. His mind was in constant motion, evaluating every detail of the case. What would lead John Carver to the crime scene? What was his connection to the victim? These questions swirled in his mind as he made his way to the police station.

Upon arrival, he met with the commissioner and some officers who had been working on the case. The information they had was scarce, and they needed Frank to work his magic in obtaining more leads.

With his apathetic expression and sharp mind, Frank made his way to the interrogation room where John Carver awaited. John was a middle-aged man with a restless look in his eyes, and Frank studied him carefully before beginning the interrogation.

"John Carver, I assume you know why you're here," Frank spoke calmly, maintaining his apathetic tone. He wanted to make the man uncomfortable but without showing hostility.

John nodded nervously.

"Yes, I do. I have no idea why my fingerprints would be at that place, but here I am."

Frank decided to start with an indirect approach, trying to gather information subtly.

"John, do you have any close relationship with the victim? Any reason your fingerprints might be in her house?"

John furrowed his brow, as if trying to remember.

"Well, she's my niece, but we didn't talk much. I didn't see my brother's family frequently."

Frank made a mental note of this information. Then, he shifted his focus to John's activities on the night of the crime.

"Where were you on the night when the murder occurred, John?"

The man seemed uncomfortable as he responded.

"I was at home, watching television, and then I went to bed. No one else was with me."

Frank nodded, as if accepting John's answer. He continued the interrogation, using more specific questions to dig for details.

"John, have you ever visited Ava's house? Do you have any idea why your fingerprints might be in the basement where her body was found?"