Breach in contract

"Repeat that for me," Nikiolai says and I suck in a sharp breath.

My thoughts are scattered and I can barely take in a breath of air. He kissed me. He fucking kissed me. And not only did he kiss me but it was fucking incredible.

Just my luck the best I ever had would be with the one man who is trying to kill me, and who I would also love to put a bullet through.

"Poisoned kiss," I repeated for him, Lotus had insisted all the girls working on this mission painted our lips with it so if we were kissed or attacked by any of the pigs attending this auction we'd have a way to finish them off.

Nikolai tilted his head to the side as his gaze assessed me, I wanted to run away or scream for help but I knew I couldn't. His co-workers, if you could call them that, were here and I was positive they would get to me before any of my girls could.

And then Nikolai walked towards me, wrapped his hand around my throat and smashed his lips against mine. Again.

This kiss was different, it was feverish. He dragged his tongue across my bottom lip and then bit down. I wanted to shove him off me and bring him closer. I felt like I was falling backwards, heading towards a place I wouldn't be able to claw my way back from.

And then Nikolai was pulling back, looking at me with a grin that made my head scream and my heart race. "Cyanide, not the best poison to use if you wanted to kill me immediately."

What?

"And a poison with a cure," Nikolai stated and I sighed, perhaps I had lied for dramatic effect and to stress him out but I hadn't expected him to kiss me again so he could taste the fucking poison, let alone source it.

The act was deranged and strange and weirdly attractive.

****************************************************************************************

"Target spotted," I say into my mic before switching it off. I carefully shut the door behind me as I slip into Annelise's apartment.

Getting up inside in the first place had been a hassle and a half, I had to change into about three costumes so my movements couldn't be tracked by the cameras.

First, a random businesswoman, and then once I had made it past the front desk I changed into a yellow dress with a blonde wig which got me all the way to the twentieth floor without detection - whether that was typical attire for people who lived in a penthouse was beyond me.

And then finally I changed into an all-black body suit filled with weapons and protection, I liked to call it my killer costume which never amused Marissa but I happened to think it was hilarious.

The door shut behind me with a small click and I watched as Annalise turned her TV volume up, she appeared to be watching a Spanish movie about racing and step-siblings. Strange.

I scanned around her apartment for obvious signs of cameras as I put my gloves on and tucked my hair under my hood, my friend Isabella had almost been caught by the police by leaving hair strands at a crime scene, and her hair was blue so she really stuck out in the lineup

No signs of any cameras which was sad, you'd think with the amount it cost to rent this place she'd be willing to splurge with a little extra security.

Rich people and their ignorance never failed to shock me, and I had been doing this shit for years.

I pulled my gun out, slid a silencer on it and pulled the trigger, Annalise slumped forward without so much as a sound. I moved quickly to walk over and inspect her body. A simple bullet wound to the back of her head with the most generic gun in all of America.