Clean up

"You're a corrupt cop," I say with a smile as me and Damien walk down the street together. He scoffs at me and shakes his head.

"I've put so many men in prison it would make your head spin," He replies, giving me a dark look. I roll my eyes at his bullshit.

"And yet you're walking down the street with your assassin of a brother," I reply, he shakes his head at me again. My brother was a good FBI agent I knew that. He was trained well, not just by the academy but by our father as well.

"Nikolai?" Someone calls behind me, my hands go for the gun tucked into my waistband as I turn around. Siri looks back at me, holding onto her purse. I take my hands away from the gun and signal to my brother that everything is fine.

"Hey, Mrs St. Claire, how are you doing?" I ask her, walking over and giving her a quick hug. I don't like touching people I'm not close to but she's the only family Ivy has left. Exceptions were going to have to be made about that.

Siri shoots a curious look at Damien as he stands there watching her, his gaze assessing her. I smile a little bit, "This is my brother, Damien, Damien this is Ivy's grandmother," I inform him.

Damien shoots me an unimpressed look. He barely approves of Ivy and I being together so he definitely doesn't want to play family with her family.

Too bad he knows I'll kick him in the head if he isn't nice, "Nice to meet you, Mrs St. Claire."

Siri nods at him with a small smile before looking back at me again, her eyes hardening, "Have you seen Ivy?"

I frown at her, "Ivy? Not since Tuesday, why?" I ask her.

"She comes over to my house for dinner every Wednesday night, she didn't come over. I can't reach her," Siri explains to her and I feel every inch of my exterior tense and harden as I absorb her words.

"Do you think she's in trouble?" Damien asks Siri but she doesn't even spare him a glance. Instead, she takes two more steps towards me and narrows her eyes at me as she drops her voice to a whisper.

"Find my granddaughter, and fix what you've done," She says, before turning around and walking off down the street.

I stare after her, trying to process her words and then I realise. Lotus must have her. Lotus or Shadowborn, that's what Ivy and I had been up to recently.

Does this mean her grandmother knows about what Ivy is?

Not important, I'll worry about family secrets at another time. I had to go and get Ivy, and God help anyone who got in my way.

"Don't do that," Damien says, his voice dragging me back from the darkness infiltrating my brain. I turn around to look at him. He's standing there, arms crossed with a stone expression.

"I know that look, that look ends up with countless people dead. Focus, don't kill for the sake of it Nikolai, think about what you can use as leverage to get her back."

I pause, thinking and then I settle on a decision, "I need you to find someone for me."

"Who?" Damien says, sighing as he gets his phone out, ready to call every single contact to get me the information I want. It isn't because he particularly cares for Ivy, not that he wants her dead or suffering. But because his fiance fucking liked her cupcakes.

And for Damien, a happy wife really does mean a happy life.

"His name is Teddy, I can give you his birth parent's name," I say, coldly.

**********************************************************************************************

"There you are," I say, walking over to little Teddy who was sprawled out on the rug watching me. I walked over to him but paused before grabbing a towel and wiping the blood from my hands.