A Fairy Set Free

. . . . "Hey, do you ever wonder what it would be like? To reach for the stars without holding back any regrets?"

". . ."

"You don't have to answer now, but . . . I'd at least would like to know how you feel about it all."

". . . Space is endless, but we have a limit. We can only reach for so far, so please think about these things realistically, ⫷ █▬█ ▞▖█▘ ▙ ▀▄▀ ."

"!"

. . .

"Gah! ha, ha, ha, w-what happened?! Dot!" Awake and alive with a startle, I quickly start to take in my surroundings. I was still inside the prototype's pilot seat, and what's even weirder is that I just had a-!

"A memory?" Placing a hand over the top of the pilot helmet I was still wearing, I began to remember a few things. I-I remember laying down on grass, I was out star gazing, and there was someone else too! W-who was that? Why can I remember your words but not your face nor your name?

My mind slowly spiralled down into several questions, questions, questions, and more questions as all I could do was just think more and more about those very few moments. Moments that . . . "What the hell I'm I even thinking?" Laying back in the seat, I stared up into the blue sky while scattered clouds hover high above where the jet was flying through.

Now that I think about it, I look down to the controls to see that the joystick was just remaining still. The dashboard showed an image of the prototype, how many missiles are on the racks, speed, heading, altitude, and anything else that would show whether I was going down, up, left or right.

All of it . . . was normal, too normal to be in a-! "Shit! Where are they!" Throwing my head to scan the horizon and everything else around me as far as the eye could see, my mind started jogging up to speed about everything that was happening before I got knocked out. Dot said the enemy launched planes, so where-! Remembering about the radar system, I quickly started messing with the screen and pulled up the aircrafts radar.

At the centre was the prototype signal and marker placement, while everything else around it was . . . empty. "What?" confused, I tried reseting the radar, messing with the settings, and even going as far as to knock of the screen. Yet, the results remained the same. Then it hit me again, Dot hasn't responded to my call, did Everest get . . . Placing my head in my hands, I could only think an endless number of thoughts as the worst possible scenario played through my mind.

This, this doesn't make sense? Where's the island? where's the fleet, the Falkens? Hell, where are the enemies fighters?! More questions began to run through my mind, as I continued to try and remember all of the events that lead up to this moment. With a deep sigh, I take one final look around my surroundings before I start taking stock of my situation.

"Sigh, ok, I remember Dot giving me an alert. Some rival company's fleet appeared and were planing to launch an attack. I gave the order to launch all of those Falkens, got changed into this pilot suit, boarded the prototype, realized the prototype is controlled by an unknown ai. Finally, I gave the order to engage the enemy while working with the Falkens which prompted the ai to perform a high G-turn with the jet and knock me out. But before that happened, there was a flash of light and then-!"

With a steady hue of blue light shining near the side of my leg, my mind flashes to my final moments before falling unconscious by the G-force. A great pillar of white light emerged from the island before spreading out and taking everything with it. I also remember the light getting to me, before everything became blank in my memories.