A Sly Red Fox

"ff-haaa." with a gentle breath leaving my lips, I watched as my breath slowly disappeared in the cold air of the dark. They should be switching out now. Keeping an eye on the guard posts, I watched as the night guard was slowly starting to doze off. He looked ready to just sleep, perfect for me.

With shift movements that made no sound, I made a mad dash toward the gate before quickly passing under the barrier and running to the closest shadow I could find. Checking my surroundings to see if anyone has notice me, all I was greeted with was the tired yawn of the lone guard. Perfect.

From here on, I dashed between the shadows and stayed clear of the light. Just a few more blocks and then I'll reach the docks. Smirking a bit, I could feel my tail moving a bit as I thought about what I should do when I finally meet him. Would he be shocked? Surprised? Flustered even? My, it be even better if he just fell head over heels for me, fufu~. 

Fantasies start to fill my head, making me lose my judgement for a very small moment. "Akagi, is that you?" Crap! Feeling my body becoming stiff, I turn my head around to stare up at one of the engineers. For a moment, I didn't move as I just simply stared at the old man. For a moment, he seemed to be watching my every move. ". . . Uh, could you just be some old fox?" Keeping my form as loose and natural as can be, I only stared at the engineer before quickly dashing away from him and into the dark.

Sigh! That was close, good thing I stayed in this form. Turning a corner around some warehouse, I relaxed my body and tail for a bit before I started looking over my body and tail. Thankful that I have Kitsune attributes which allow me to shape shift into a fox. No more fantasies, I need to focus.

Sighing again, I sharpened my eyes and honed my hearing to make sure I wouldn't be caught again. Dashing forward again and through the few shadows that I could find, I eventually was able to reach the docks and come up toward my ship. 'My ship', it's nothing but an ugly failure of a three deck carrier concept. I thought in concept as I stared at my ship before turning my gaze to the lone ship which I know my saviour would be on.

Slowly, I feel myself letting go of a very heavy weight before transforming back into my original form. Brushing my hair back, I look over the bay with a smile growing on my face. "Wait for me, my saviour." Turning back to my ship, I extend my arm toward it and quickly have my rigging take form on my right. "Time to get going." Hopping off the docks and onto the waters surface, I quickly start sailing toward my destination, all while keeping a steady hum within my breath.

Soon, soon, just wait a little long~ fufu~.

. . .

"Good morning~." Yawning into my hand, I start rubbing my eye while taking a sip of coffee from my mug.

"Good morning commander, construction operations have been completed, all facilities are now full active and ready to service the fleets needs." Nodding off at Dot's words, I sluggishly walk toward the commander's chair on the bridge before sitting down and taking another sip of coffee.

"Sigh~, another day filled with nothing but good news~." I lazily chirp as I remind idol within my chair while taking a few more sips of my coffee. Man~ technology is the greatest thing ever~. "Anything we should be expecting to do on the itinerary for the day?" Feeling the coffee starting to kick in, I felt my sense were slowly all starting to come back to me, all the while Dot was giving me the good news.

"Negative, your schedule for the day is clear of any duties." Ah~, the expected lazy day is here~, best I start taking full advantage of it~! With one last shake of my head, I took one last sip of my cup before placing it down and standing up.